Racerstar hall Sensor fail

Try running foc sensored.

There’s a hall table that appears, but seems to be off a bit

1 Like

I would rather run bldc be it is less chance of blowing my focboxes. Plus I feel like bldc is a lot simpler of a set up and should pick it up. That really has me pissed is that the sensor was detected on the bldc tool for enertion.

Foc gives a bit more detailed hall sensor table, for that reason i’m asking.

4 Likes

Ok I can try it tonight. It is just mind boggling that one sensor was picked up in the enertion bldc tool and one wasnt ok half the battle won. Then change it over to ackmaniac’s esc tool and neither are detected. Now that is in the BLDC tool and since everyone said the ack’s esc tool was better i updated and switched to that. So would it be the same process?

I do not think changing FW will make a difference here. You are detecting a hall table, but it seems it is out of the boundaries for a “pass” in BLDC

FOC sensor detection is a little different and it’s a little less sensitive to hall placement.

I have a feeling that the sensors may be a tad bit far away from the rotor magnets or that the whole assembly is crooked inside the motor making the readings oscillate.

stick with the current tool for now, try out FOC

1 Like

That was on the bldc tool and said detection failed. I will have to try it on Foc I guess. Atleast if I get it in Foc it will be nice a quite running

Now I just restarted everything and it came back and read the firmware and connected. Plus it detected the sensors in FOC on both motors

4 Likes

@briman05 nice

@Blasto @JohnnyMeduse thanks for stepping in :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

2 Likes

I want to thank everyone for there help especially @JohnnyMeduse @Blasto and @Deckoz. I just need to figure out how to ease it into going because the remote is very touchy.

What Remote do you have ?

I have the Nano-x

Need to calibrate the remote everytime you turn the remote on.

Turn on remote, board off Push to max throttle, pull to min throttle. (Calibration done) Turn on board.

You can still “calibrate” after the board is on, lift up your wheels, push-pull max-min and your done

1 Like

Like That guy said… :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

1 Like

I did not know this. Thanks!

Could you explain the calibration of the remote. I have a loop key anti spark so without it in there is no power to the receiver. So how would the remote calibrate with out the receiver being powered

Remote is in your hand, the pot for the throttle needs calibrated to send the proper PPM to the receiver. Turn on the remote… Push throttle full, then full brake. Then plug in your board…

Receiver not involved…

Ok thanks.