Racestar/Ollin 5065 replacement bearings

A couple of my Racestar/Ollin 5065 motors are making weird clicking sounds, so I think they need a bearing change. Does anybody know the size/model of the two stacked bearings that sit between the sleeve and hall sensor, at the rear of the motor?

5065-rear-bearings

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvgE7XTwKtc&t=12m02s

11 Likes

This is really common on these motors. Mines do the same clicking sound. Maybe @chaka knows.

1 Like

Most of mine have the same clicking sound, I don’t know what it’s from, but it’s never caused a failure. I thought it was loose magnets, but no magnets are loose. I’ve just accepted clicking as a hallmark of Racerstar motors.

They’re not bad for how light and cheap and small they are, so :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Historically racerstars are a good little motor. I’ve only used them in rc but good none the less.

1 Like

Good to know this is a common issue that doesn’t case failures. It would be interesting to find out the exact cause though. The rear bearings look really undersized so I assumed it might be them @b264?

1 Like

I’m not sure, I never did figure it out and stopped trying to. I’d love to know

1 Like

I might have to tear one down and try find out. For science :rocket:

2 Likes

So thats where the noise comes from, I get it only when im turning and breaking a bit harder

1 Like

one of my was like this…sound on low rpm:

Mine only goes away when there is a tiny bit of throttle or a tiny bit of brake applied. On full power or full brake or on idle, it’s there.

1 Like

Yes, that exact same sound. I haven’t been able to quash it.

1 Like

Check that you haven’t got a short to ground from one of your phase wires. Check the screw that goes into motor near where the cables leave the body of the motor.