Raphael Chang BMS and ESC

I kinda figured that was the case, but I was hoping otherwise, lol :smile: Oh well…

Is that the same thing for the ESC he designed?

He basically vanished and left us with a $ 120 paper weight

Actually not even as paper weight it works

2 Likes

Even if he released his ESC, you don’t want to invest in a brand new product withiut any kibd of support.

I spent hundreds (no kidding) of hours writing the FW and SW. I even bought a second unit to somebody else for testing. Then @SimosMCmuffin came to state that the HW was too weak to safely and fully perform what @raphaelchang claimed.

Total personal loss : 2 units (240$), hundreds of hours (priceless)

Maybe someday I will take a look back at it and try to extract some juice in the limit the HW can provide. No motivation nor time ATM.

6 Likes

Ok you make a good point, lol. Would prefer not to be a beta tester for one of those…

I was thinking in maybe removing the LTC and trying to interface it with my arduino so I can read the cell voltages on my remote

Don’t know how easy it should be

Removing the LTC ? Maybe you should keep it and hook your Arduino up to the I2C port of it.

But, if it’s only for monitoring purpose, this shouldn’t be complicated to write some line to interface with VESC CAN since it’s based on the same code as Vedder’s one (this part for sure).

Will take a look

I say remove the LTC and use it stand alone in a smaller board

Anyone in the netherlands having one of these and is willing to sell it to me? I am curios on how hard it would be to port my code to this bms.

4 Likes

Would love to have that

I can’t send since I only one and shipping for here is pretty expensive, but if you need someone to test it just give a shout

1 Like

I will try anyway to bring it to life and se how far I can take it. Maybe if I ask @Pimousse to help me at some parts. But anyway the real problem of the Battman is that is not reliable enough? I kindda fell sorry now that I started with this type of bms that looked promissing and compact and now I have to start all over again with another one. @JTAG, if I don’ succeed to do anything with it would you like to take this one, or the ones made by Raphael will be best suitable for testing?

Check my github for my custom FW : https://github.com/Peemouse/battman-firmware

Working on the software is a pain since it’s web based. I should try to tweak VESC Tool to achieve the same as @JTAG

amazing work! what soldering paste did you use?