Raptor 2.1 unrideable

I’ve heard of many people with unrideable raptors, but I haven’t heard of anybody who has a raptor that throws them off when they break or throttle too much, apart from the solved unity firmware issues.

After spending the morning stripping down a raptor 2 battery I have to say I am surprised any of them have survived. appalling is the only word to describe the quality of it.

4 Likes

Stitches and knee reconstruction…that sucks. I’ll be that asshole then. Sounds like this at least could have been prevented.

Never ride a new board without protection, even if it is a pre-built from Enertion. New hardware is unfamiliar and you simply don’t know what it will do until you put it through a few regular and hard routines.

2 Likes

You an aussie my friend? Liberal use of the word champ is an indicator. As a fellow 50 year old rider, when I build a board I fully expect to fall off it at some point due to my lack of quality control through impatience. If I spend 2000 bucks on something then I fully expect someone else to have done the due diligence that I might myself miss. Its a matter of life and death. Literally. If you’re going to sell something that can kill the end user if faulty then you better make damn sure its as good as you can possibly make it. The raptor 2 is the most extreme pre built you can buy so that goes double. I had one in for repair last year and I spent a week hooning around on it and to be quite honest I liked it. The remote is commonly known to be the worst esk8 remote you can get though and a lot of the issues you are describing could be laid at its door. They’re are horrible little things. You could also have some battery issues causing some cut outs. Common faults and if you read my previous post you will understand. Only thing you can do is either return the board and demand a refund(there is no way unless you are an international buyer that that 20% bullshit will hold up or get them to repair it. I for one would be very nervous getting back on a board that has actively tried to kill me twice.
Hope you heal well brother and keep on with this because it keeps us old bastards young.

2 Likes

fixed that for you :wink:

Yeah, I know how some people are. Some would never ever use it, cause of some BS pride factor. I’d rather have them use it the first few ride as opposed to not at all.

I look like a mummy all the time. Downhill grade shin/knee/elbow protectors and full face…but I also had to learn the hard way.

2 Likes

So Vero tell me do you have to have heard bout something for it to have happened and as for the remote issues, yes it was fully charged and it had just been recalibrated and yes the firmware was the latest edition , so tell me what sort of piece of crap remote needs to be recalibrated before every single use ( none of the other 4 boards I have required you to do this ) this is the same piece of crap remote that has a button on it the changes the accelerator and brake around while you are riding it and it doesn’t even have a timer to cut the power off if you forget to turn it off

1 Like

I have no idea if that’s written in the instruction but

it was always like this. why? …idk but there have been some other remotes which need a calibratio as well at every startup. I don’t know of any on a prebuild thou.

He’s said like 4 or 5 times now that he’s calibrated the remote before each ride.

3 Likes

Yes, but was it ever properly calibrated in the Unity tool from the factory? With the Raptor’s history of QA issues, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the problem.

1 Like

Enertion quality control is

Shell be right mate.

Probably too pricey. Every unit should be tested. Every one. Its a 50kmh board for fucks sake.
Where’s Carl?? Chucked in the towel? Bara still enertion?

1 Like

No, I quit. Let’s just say they owe me A lot of money in backpay. More details to come on that subject once the grace period I have allotted to them to right their wrong expires in a few days…

18 Likes

Well shiiiiiit

2 Likes

Ooooo drama! Glad OG Bara battery building is back!

9 Likes

Fuck yea! Back in action full swing

17 Likes

@barajabali Whatcha gonna do now? Join Johnny at lacroix? :wink:

4 Likes

Crazy… :scream::sob:

6 Likes

What are you still doing here then? Come over to the other forum.

3 Likes

I’m on both brotha! @chiboards on the other forum may change it

8 Likes

Haha I’m doing my own thing for now.

4 Likes