Raptor 2 is here!

I made a short test ride video.

5 Likes

after riding both my boards today swapping back and forth during a ride with my brother im kinda mad i ever went 12s with my diy.

As fast as the Raptor 2 is, 10s leaves me wanting more torque i dunno if its the 10s vs 12s or hub vs belt cause on my diy i feel like i have strong torque throughout the whole powerband all the way till top speed and the Raptor 2 feels very torquey at the bottom end and that torque drops fast as you pin the accelerator and pic up speed.

I have to say it is a cool feeling to blast off from a stop my DIY cant launch from a stop like the Raptor it feels like a rocket.

3 Likes

As someone who’s building a 12s 6374 build right now this is good to hear :smile:

Ever try running FOC on your 12s build or just straight BLDC?

1 Like

ive only run BLDC havnt even run sensors cause one of my motors has sensor problems so i just run them sensorless. many people Pop their Focbox with 12s FOC and many are successful im not gona push my luck it seems like a hit or miss thing.

2 Likes

My exact same issue.

I’ve definitely gotten that impression as well. I wont be running FOCboxes but still a 4.12 Direct Fet design so i think my chances are good, I think. Still not sure if I’m willing to risk it :thinking:

2 Likes

Id love to try the Raptor drive with 12s but i wouldnt attempt it cause they get hot enough with 10s

best thing about it are the controls its acceleration curve is silky smooth i did up the braking a little i like more aggressive brakes. maybe FOC has alot to due with that its also strange not to hear anything when accelerating. At low speed you can hear the motors make a small whine but 13+mph all you hear is the wind.

Update I actually looked at my wheels closely today and found this only after 10miles.

:frowning:

3 Likes

Hey man, send me an email at [email protected]

I’ll hook you up with some replacement outwheels.

90mm right?

We are working on our urethane as we speak. Every batch is getting better and better.

4 Likes

Wait, I am a little confused, why are you mad about going 12s? Because you could have more bottom end torque with the 10s (10s6p can push more amps than 12s5p?)?

Maybe I misunderstood your statement…probable…

1 Like

What is the missing part here? Or is that a retainer ring?

That’ s completely normal :wink:download

4 Likes

email sent, @barajabali i also have 97mm and 100mm cross over wheels will they are be warrantied against the same type of wear?

I have a group ride this Wednesday at night i will be bringing the Raptor 2 but im gona put on the 97mm wheels lets see how they hold up to 1 group ride.

oh i ment it like i regret going 12s because now 10s will never be enough to satisfy me lol

3 Likes

well u can change it if you want, after all, it’s up to focbox setting

1 Like

Oh oh oh… LOL. That makes much more sense. And I was at a wedding reception when I read that and was deep into the red wine. I re-read it just now and it is quite obvious!

4 Likes

Small update I’ve done some lite riding with the 97mm wheels so far no more than 5 miles but at this point there are 0 signs of wear. The real test will be the Wednesday night group ride.

One thing I noticed the handles are way too skinny for the weight of the board it makes it very uncomfortable to hold the board with the handles so to thicken them up a bit I wrapped both handles in 550 black paracord, it makes a huge difference now the handles are not uncomfortable.

6 Likes

I live Paracord. I towed a truck out if the creek ibe using nybneeo and 50ft if Paracord. When I’m in Miami I’ll show you how to brade a Paracord sleeve so it’ll be thicker and stronger.

1 Like

nice haha this was my first time doing any kind of paracord wrap. holy crap you towed a truck with this stuff? 550 paracord or 1100?

1 Like

I love that stuff. I wrapped my wife’s curler handles with it after that stupid soft touch finish started to disintegrate.

Another thing you can use are those bumper guards on the inside edge

Skateboard Deck Guards,Longboard Edge Protection,Nose Guard and Tail Guard for Kids, Boys, Girls, Youths, Beginners(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077CQBC33/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_r.P3Ab2ZGSWG0

4 Likes