Raptor 2 | Kickstarter Campaign & Group Buy - December 2017

so probably about 10kg packed

Thanks. With UPS is going to be 22ā‚¬ for 10kg (most eu countries). Someone interested?

we will be charging you shipping on the Kickstarter page & we will also arrange the shipping to each person if required.

Even better!

This is so much goodness in one product, all the things Iā€™ve ever wanted on an eboard. However (maybe itā€™s just me) I loose the fun and emotional value in the product, less DIY.

you can use any deck with this system & we will also release the battery schematics so you can build custom packs!

Haha waitā€¦Raptor 2 group buy? Lol

I havenā€™t finished the Nano - X group buy

Any word @onloop ?

Donā€™t mean to be off topic

2 Likes

Maybe meā€¦

Yes I understand, there are too much of a hassle now building all your self when you can offer all round - all complete - all suitable - great bargain board, thumbs up @onloop . You offer almost the perfect all rounder on budget that DIYā€™ers cant match. My next eboard I create will use Raptor base config (cheaper - all done deal).

For now Iā€™m totally into finishing my eTrampa board.

One last question: when you say you will handle multiple shippings for group buys, does it mean that you could ship for example 2 packages from the EU warehouse and 3 from the US one?

YES, if there are 5 people, with five different addresses, they will all get sent the package from nearest warehouse.

2 Likes

They why not just sell them for 899? Seems like a lot of trouble for @onloop to do the group buy thing sending to different addresses .
This could get a few first sale buyers tits in a wringer, who just tried to buy them up front for the discounted price and couldnā€™t - then just settled for the higher price.

we cannot offer the $899 OR $999 price on its own again, that deal was limited and we canā€™t repeat for individual orders, however, some people wanted to buy bulk & they were restricted during our first launch so they couldnā€™t do it & they were disappointed.

So now we are offering the prices only in a bundle format. You need to be prepared to hand over USD$4.5K to get it, this way the people who only wanted one unit & missed out on the super low price are not being disadvantaged.

But if you are going to split a bulk buy order up for a group buy, why shouldnā€™t I just find 4 other buyers, all cancel our orders, and re buy as bulk- putting the burden on you to handle the shipping?

Weā€™d save $1000+ cumulatively and youā€™dā€™ve gained nothing but a problem of splitting shipments

For various reason some people complained they missed out, this is the best solution I can offer. Itā€™s up to you guys if you want to participate in buying the group buys or not & if you do proceed, one individual needs to be prepared to make the payment & organize the deal, So the burden is on the organizer.

Alright. Iā€™ll leave it alone, just feels a bit- i dunno - :confused:

feel free to arrange a group buy if you want.

I guess I got a little of track. I appreciate what youā€™ve done here, for your company and this community as a whole.
I just thought the idea of selling them AGAIN at 899 sends a bad message to those who put up $ first. Your company - your decision.
Cheers and best of luck. . Looking forward to my Raptor 2 for whatever price I paid.

Love the new design and particular the 90x80mm rear wheels!! Any reason the front wheels donā€™t match the same width as the rears? would this not create handling issues? Personally, I think itā€™d look super cool to have the front wheels as wide as the back :slight_smile: PS you know what else would be awesome!? A drop through deck :smile:

Making the front wheel extra wide just adds extra weight, so we are just using normal width.