RAPTOR 2 | Most Powerful Direct Drive Electric Skateboard | Kickstarter

Devon - going to have some fun testing it on hills

I have now updated the specs on the kickstarter page

1 Like

Why no accept Discover card!? :frowning:

29 posts were split to a new topic: Raptor 2 - power system discussion

3 Likes

@onloop I tried to purchase so many times thinking that I added the extended warranty. But I think when I finally checked out I didn’t get that added. Is there a way to add the warranty after the fact? Let me know how and I’d really like to purchase that also. Thanks man.

Please buy it now: http://www.enertionboards.com/accessories/add-extra-1-year-parts-warranty/

Make a note of your order number before check out

2 Likes

Thanks Jason! Going to buy that now.

Never heard someone measure Max Rated Watts in Watt hours. This number also assumes you will have 0 sag, which is not true. Those cells sag to 3.8 at 80 amps, so your max watts is really 3040 watts (not Wh, lol). It will be physically impossible for you to ever pull 3360 watts, since in the real world, you have sag.

If I were to calculate it like you, I would have 4032 watts max power, meaning I have the most powerful direct drive board :open_mouth:

1 Like

Never heard someone measure Max Rated Watts in Watt hours. This number also assumes you will have 0 sag, which is not true. Those cells sag to 3.8 at 80 amps, so your max watts is really 3040 watts (not Wh, lol). It will be physically impossible for you to ever pull 3360 watts, since in the real world, you have sag.

If I were to calculate it like you, I would have 4032 watts max power, meaning I have the most powerful direct drive board :open_mouth:

While you’re at it editing, power to weight ratio is also not Wh/lbs

Please quote me time in milliseconds it takes for the voltage to drop to 3.8 @ 80amps

why not?

I can do any ratio calculation I want. For instance, I could have max speed to weight ratio.

EDIT: Ok, i fixed it.

It’s also worth noting that pulse current draws of up to 95A per cell for <500milliseconds have been documented on e-cig forums. e.g. So why not say 15.9kw peak power in the first millisecond?

my point is unless we start timing voltage sag in seconds the max number could actually be much higher than what has been quoted above I have simply used the commonly known max rated specifications.

You can’t use the word power but use watt hours as the unit. Power is watts and energy is watt hours. I think that is what he meant.

Yes you can, but you can’t name it whatever you want :wink:

I’ve been an e-cig user for about 5 years now, and have every mod under the sun (mechs, diy boxes, old vv/vw, tc, etc.) and i can tell you, we’ve done some pretty stupid stuff over the years, i would take anything you read on an e-cig forum with a pinch of salt (not to say there aren’t good and reliable sources of info/data, cause there are, people like Phill Busardo does a lot of reasearch). Yes, you can probably draw 95A or more from a 25r, is it wise? definitely not. Thats why you see these kids getting their hands and faces blown up in cloud comps.

EDIT: btw, voltage sag isn’t that much of an issue on an ecig where you hit for a few seconds, but on an eboard where you might be going uphill for a few seconds to a few minutes, it is.

A 95 amp draw from a single cell would be practically a short. The voltage in such a situation would be a fraction of a volt. It’s a good example to use though as when calculating the power output you’d multiply that 95 amps by that fraction of a volt not by 3.7 or 4.2. Your cell would also be toast

I’m sure you understand how it works and there’s a lot of businesses that probably do similar math to get inflated numbers but if you put a watt meter on the board it would show the reality. But we’re sticklers for real math being a somewhat science community and not just a sales platform. So we have to keep it real The speed you state is also not real given other tests done with similarly powered motors and kv and voltage. How bout put out a video showing a speed test or the board’s esc readout? When will you have a motor we could see?

1 Like

This ain’t my first rodeo lads.

@evoheyax & @Hummie one day when you both work out how to put together a decent esk8, Then we can have a race and see who wins…

Otherwise, if the engineering is too complex for you both, just buy a raptor 2, they are going for hot prices right NOW

1 Like

These guys are both well established members and have plenty of experience on here and I’ve seen both of them explain lots of stuff on here when I first started out and I found a lot of it useful. Hummie for a longer time but I’m recently seeing hevoayax on here but he’s involved in helping out but that is besides the point. This is the type of condescending comment that would get flagged in any other post if it’s made towards you or your products. In fact it’s insulting if you ask me. Please lead by example, don’t make comments that you would flag if they weren’t made by you.

9 Likes

umm… its a joke…

1 Like