Raptor riding experience. The good

Some riders cant get enough speed. You wont know till your on the board for long enough. When I did my 45km/hr test I did it on the Aus F1 GP ciircuit just a week prior to the real race while I still had access to the street circuit here in Melbourne. Only skate protection and I had a pace car follow me ( some family on holidays: had my own film crew-No I didnt know them). At those speeds theres alot of wind resistance. I believe if you have all your proper full face helmet and real protection gear and get into a low downhill racing crouch you could possibly go the 48km/hr. Tighten the bushings. Oh I think the holiday makers were shocked to see me go that fast, their eyes were wide open, big smiles and alot of pics and video of me taken from the car as they kept up with me. Also your like me and have the advantage of being light. When onloop did those test runs for the top speed specs I dont think he would have had the streamline gear and hes also alot heavier. Having said all the above though he has set the speed limiter I think to make it max out at 45km/hr. But maybe some coasting after reaching 45km/hr down a slight incline. All only for the brave. The range of 30-40km/hr is more than enough for me.

the easiest way to increase top speed is increase wheel diameter, maybe you can try a 90mmm

on a fully charged battery your max theoretical speed would be 35mph.

just be careful and adjust riser height to minimise wheel bite.

1 Like

Thanks @onloop, would I need to drill holes into a new wheel like this?

Seeing as the flywheels seem to be the only one that make wheels that big Iā€™m trying the think of how Iā€™d get them to work with the raptor drive wheel

Woah dude, this changes a lot of things. Would you be willing to make a video on how to get it done? Also, will this mod void the warranty?

This is the DIY world :stuck_out_tongue: saw this picture so I believe it is probably simple

you install it the same you do any other wheel. remove old wheel, put new wheel on.

Have a look at the 90mm abec11 flywheels.

1 Like

Why is ABEC the only brand in the big esk8 wheel game :triumph: I hate green so muchā€¦Iā€™d have to dye all these wheels

Why not just upgrade the other components and not worry about wheel size? I prefer smaller wheels myself for lower weight and less cumbersome.

HA! sound simple enough, I thought there would be additional way to doing it.

For me its because of too much work. If all it takes to increase speed is to change to a 90 mm wheel then iā€™d be happy to do so. But iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be other issues as well (battery drainage, torque etc.)

Itā€™s really not hard to throw on a new compatible pulley either. Same work as changing a wheel.

I do as wellā€¦is it really harder to just switch the pulleys on the Raptor instead @onloop?

@Jinra Iā€™d just like to see someone who has done it before with the Raptor specifically or at least the motor/truck set up

it is not an answer to your question but i would change the pulleys for more top speed instead of going with bigger wheels because you have mutch more control when driving with one riser less. if i were you i would really try it! i would not have believed it myself that the difference is so big if i had not ridden both configurations in direct comparison

Then can someone please post some pictures of the process with the pulley needed to do the job?? lol at this point I just donā€™t want to go at this in the dark and fuck up the hardware and have to get a replacement if it involves me drilling into something

maybe @longhairedboy could give his 2cents on this topic

itā€™s not hard to change the pulley, you need to make a new pulley & maybe get a larger belt to ensure it will fit over the larger diameter.

Have any of you guys actually riden a skateboard at 28mph+ before? why do you need to go faster?

I have a feeling a lot of people who want these speeds never really went them before and donā€™t know what theyā€™re getting into :stuck_out_tongue:

Some experienced riders want more speed, 28mphr should be ok for most

@onloop thanks for the info. I donā€™t plan on doing this upon receiving the board as I will not know what my limit is. I just like knowing that if I do get tired of the speed eventually I can always make it go a bit faster :slight_smile:

@Jinra I donā€™t at all :stuck_out_tongue: but I do know it is completely possible to get bored with a boardā€™s speed when youā€™ve ridden it enough. Iā€™d say the limit is @Photorphā€™s board, I donā€™t want to go over 30mph because Iā€™d need leathers at that point and that isnā€™t practical for my type of roads and riding.

@Dedbny it probably will be, I will see. I figure give it a month or two and I will know whether or not I want a speed bump. Iā€™m thinking I will be fine considering I appreciate torque way more since I do a lot of stop and go and have massive hills.

@Mr_Mahal Bombing up hills is the best feeling and that Raptor eats hills. Youll be wanting to find hills and race up them.

1 Like