[Reasearch] Reasons not to buy/build Esk8

The one most serious reason not to buy and diy is this though…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/batteries/congo-cobalt-mining-for-lithium-ion-battery/

Hasn’t even been mentioned on here afaik.

There’s lots to read on this matter for those interested. Really sad and disturbing. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Don’t buy an iPhone either.

Don’t ever buy an iPhone.

2 Likes

Well good thing most of the cells we use are lithium maganese oxide or lithium maganese nickel… Not lithium Cobalt oxide…

I’d say…

Don’t build/ buy an e-board if : 1)You’re broke AF (or impatient AF cause you can always raise some money over months /years) 2)You’re not able to talk through it with your wife 3)You got no spare room for wild parts zoning around your home 4)You hate wearing helmets cause you think you’re too precious to protect your life

Now if you’re capable of overcoming your budget limits, you got yourself a wonderful wife able to understand your passion, you don’t freeze when you find a wild part where it shouldn’t and tidy a bit your fortune workshop, AND you’re ready to put a fuckin’ helmet cause you got brains… go for it !

Most cells we use (or at least one of the most popular cells) is the samsung 30q, to name one, which is a NMC-chemistry cell (NiMnCo) afaik.

1 Like

Cmon you must have something that’s gasoline powered! Something that makes your eyes bleed Just see how lame the Formula E is compared to F1

Thought 25r and 30q we’re INR as they are labeled INR18650-30Q and INR18650-25R

Yep. INR - LiNiCoMnO2 so @sebike was just about right too :wink:

iNR is lithium maganese nickel…

No Cobalt…

Actually I believe 30q are NCA, so it’s cobalt either way. Even sais so in the batt specs sheet that can be found on nkon.

1 Like

So quiet man… till the end… rip speakers

Hmm. Well… Now you have me sad and think my board is packed full of child labor… Like a skateboard philosopher stone… :confused:

4 Likes

Blood batteries…

3 Likes

Can we get a remake of Blood Diamond with Leonardo DiCaprio but Blood Batterizes.

2 Likes

INR does not specify a special chemistry mix. It just tells you the main components. So like the 30Q they end up with the formula LiNiCoMnO2

1 Like

Some believe this will even lead to the next civil war, so it’s actually pretty sad.

S U P E R L A M E

The old formulas have even better sound :slight_smile:

The countries are too powerfull today to let it happen especially the developed ones Civil wars are past in EU possibly korea where the batteries are made, IMO.

To specify:

IMR mostly LiMn2O4 Lithium manganese oxide INR mostly LiNiMnCoO2 Lithium manganese nickel ICR mostly LiCoO2 Lithium cobalt oxide IFR mostly LiFePO4 Lithium iron phosphate