So I’ve encountered my first (or perhaps not) issue with my Benchwheel remote. The remote itself is perfectly fine, but the receiver’s been acting up.
Context: I was riding home yesterday and along the 4 mile ride back, I face insane headwind and hills. This obviously causes high amp draw, and about a mile from home (almost the same place everyday) my board will cut out. I couldn’t diagnose on the spot so I’d restart my board and everything would be dandy. However yesterday, I decided to kick it all the way home against high winds and hills so I could see if there were any faults in my VESC. There were no faults. Instead, I found that my receiver had a static light (meaning not connected to remote). Cycling the remote power didn’t do anything, but unplugging and replugging the receiver fixed the issue.
I’m assuming high draw is what’s causing my receiver to spazz out and refuse to connect until power cycled. Today I amped the motor max to 80A (from 60A) and now the receiver cuts out even on the way to work with a tailwind. It cut out under hard acceleration which backs my high draw == disconnected receiver theory.
I’m just wondering if anyone has any insight on why this might be. My board is running dual 6355’s with 2 VESCs with split PPM signal (only 1x 5v pin plugged in).
TL;DR My board’s Benchwheel receiver disconnects until power cycled while under high load/current