Recommendations and general help

If you have suggestions I’m 100% open to changing parts. This is just what I thought might work for me

Also I’d want torque over topspeed due to weight and area I ride in. So probably would need like 80mm wheels instead of 90 or 97 right?

Good list, quality parts

Okay so smaller wheels will give you more torque but if you want bigger wheels for a smother ride you can adjust pullys and or motor kv. So 15t-40t and you can run those 97mm,100,mm,107mm wheels still. And or find 170kv motors.

1 Like

Im a 200lb guy, plus i wear a bag everywhere i go. Im on 170kv 6374 16t-40t 12s4p and the acceleration is nuts.

Buy the focboxes. They just found 100 more in stock. They aren’t making them anymore. If you can buy now do it. They just work.

I don’t know if I’d have the money in time to get one. But the unity is good also, right? Do you have any suggestions on Lipo batteries? Don’t think I can afford a 18650 pack

So even if you order now you won’t get your Unity until March. First batch just went out. It’s supposed to be great but it hasn’t pain in the hands of the DIY seen much seeing that it’s barely just released. The focboxes are solid tho. Especially on 10s. I don’t know much about lipos… @J0ker3366 knows a thing or two about them tho

Okay I got ya. If I can get my hands on the foc boxes I’ll go for it. But if I can’t and the unity isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, is there a VESC you would recommend not made by enertion? I’ve seen the trampa ones. I’ve heard they are the original and are pretty good. Any other decent ones?

@J0ker3366 I was wondering if you have any recommendations on 10s or 12s configurations for Lipos?

What kind of range are you looking for?

1 Like

I hear good things about the tb vesc. Trampa stuff is off my radar for reasons lol

Sorry for the late response. The forum limited my responses because of my profile age. Hopefully 12 miles or so maybe a little more. I definitely need power though. I’m heavy and live in a really hilly area. What would you recommend? I can give you more specs if needed just let me know what you need to know.

Haha why’s that? I honestly couldn’t afford them anyways.

How do i put this…

Franks a chode.

2 Likes

4x 5s lipo in 10s2 config. Get anything over 12000mah and you should be fine.

Damn shots fired.

2 Likes

He started it

2 Likes

Would those lipos i was showing you work for him?

Cool thanks for the advice. I hope I can find an enclosure to fit all that.

Hey, no argument from me haha. It’s between y’all two.

1 Like

Is Ben open to suggestions from any and all. If you think they might work.