Recommendations for puller and press?

i need to get a bearing puller and press, mainly for AT wheels but should make life easier on abec11s too.

can anyone make a recommendation?

I have started using an arbor press to seat bearings, flawless every time…

5 Likes

thanks mike :slight_smile: will order one today

2 Likes

I got one on ebay, a Jet 1 ton, with a coupon for $80 bucks. Harbor Freight has them for about $55. They aren’t cheap unfortunately.

I am always spending time trying to figure out how to get a bearing seated correctly or wondering if its seated correctly, this solves both of those issue so it was worth the money for me.

I have some plugs, steal & heat treated, that are exactly 21.75mm, so perfect for when a bearing needs to seat just below the rim. Ill send you a couple when I get back from vacation. PM me an address.

2 Likes

oh wow, that is suoer generous of you. thanks mike :slight_smile:

do you think i will get away with a 1/2 tonne press?

2 Likes

No worries, they have already been used (here at work) so they wont use them again but they are still perfect, so great for us :slight_smile:.

Oh yeah, definitely. I just got the 1 ton because it was cheaper than a half ton with the coupon I had.

1 Like

I have a 20ton hydrolic press but an arbor press would be much easier for this purpose. Abec wheels usually are so loose that bearings can fall out so I never had a problem seating them what wheels do you encounter that give your a difficult time seating?

1 Like

AT wheels are the issue, having something that will deal with ABEC11 precisely and without risk of damage or injury is just an added bonus.

1 Like

Same here, lots of AT wheels are press fit now, so using the hanger to smack them on doesn’t really work and tightening down until they seat will sometimes ruin a bearing as it pushes on the inner race instead of the outer race.

2 Likes