Hello there Been reading the forum for a while getting some ideas and trying to understand as much as possible. I’m putting my first build together
- Loaded Dervish Sama deck (flex 2) --> Sector 9 Faultline
- TorqueBoards trucks - ordered
- 83mm E-Power wheels - ordered
- 16/36 pulley system, 12 mm belt TorqueBoards - ordered
- Turnigy SK3 245kv --> changed to TB 230kv motor
- TorqueBoards mount V4 - ordered
- 2x Turnigy 5000 mAh 20C batteries - ordered
- VESC from TB
I still have to decide on a controller but I think I’ll get the GT2B and print the modded enclosure. A lot of this stuff is backordered so it will take some time for me to get started.
My goal is simple: safety/reliability. Ability to commute 6mi to work (all flat, no hills). Ideally I would not have to charge at work. I also want it to be a clean build.
Things to get worked out:
- design and print an enclosure for electronics
- mount the motor to the back or under the deck
- how to wire the batteries so that charging does not mean having to pull the batteries out
Since it’s my first build I’ll suspect that some of these choices will change once I have everything running, but it’s a start.