Relapse | BKB Tayto | Fatboy Nano Gear Drive | 10s2p 90c Graphene lipo Battery |

Ah ok I getcha

Time to bust out the angle grinder

1 Like

Thanks @Linny and @Kug3lis y’all are probably right, i’l just cut the shaft.

haha, I’m sure I would try to do like you at the beginning… :smile: It will be perfect, and you can always change the shaft latter if you change plan. That Nano looks dam compact! So clean.

1 Like

Yeah I prbably shouldn’t have been a little b*** and just cut it to begin with.

Wonder what these could be :thinking::laughing:20181224_173217

1 Like

UPDATE i cut the shafts on the motor but im running into a bit of a problem. The cover won’t close flush with the motor baseplate. I don’t know why this is happening because the shaft clears the gear so the gear is stopping it. I can put spacers on those bolts but I don’t know if they will clear the wheels. This is happening on both sides. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. 20181229_011334 20181229_011310

I’m getting a bms tomorrow so I should be able to get it up and running over the weeknd.

1 Like

Can you move the pulley and any further down the motor shaft? (That sounds so dirty :grin:)

1 Like

Nope the gear is all the way against the c clip.

What motors?

1 Like

Maytech 6365’s. Idk what’s going on. I’m gonna try it with a washer again today and see how it goes.

Maybe get some right angle pics, I can really visualize what’s going on. Is it possible to sand off some of the shoulder of the motor pulley so it’ll sit lower? Is the wheel pulley causing any obstruction?

1 Like

Washers would active the same goal right? I’ve tired it with wahsers and it’s better but when I tighten the cover down it prevent the gear from turning freely.

I dont think so. Do you mean the cover?

Is the wheel pulley obstructing the cover the same way the motor pulley is?

1 Like

Oh no, there’s an opening in the cover for the wheel gear to attach to the wheel. That isn’t getting in the way at all.

Sounds like you just need yo sand the shoulder of the motor gear down. If you take some pics of where gear is hitting and how it’s connected to the motor I can prolly tell you more.

1 Like

Alirght sound good. I’ll send more pics later tonight. That’s my last option to sand some of the shoulder of the gear but I don’t know how I would do it evenly. I’m hoping washers will solve the problem

A lathe would be the best method, without that just make a jig to hold the pulley flat on a piece of sandpaper. Sand a little, measure, sand a kitt6 more, measure again, keep repeating. Cumbersome but it works.

1 Like

I would avoid washers between the motor plate and motor if possible. Debris ingress alone will be troublesome not mention you will weaken the contact of the motor to the plate meaning it more likely for a motor screw to vibrate out or brake.

1 Like

So the pulley is too tall, and the cover won’t go on, right? Is there an extra ring between the motor and pulley? I don’t see how this is possible.

1 Like

There’s a C clip on the motor. But I think that’s it. I’ll take a closer picture when I get home.

1 Like