Remote-ly Possible?

Well @bigdaddyhawk then I apologize but I’m supposed to know that how? Because that isn’t what you said whether you were going to or not and it just sounded to me like you were telling me to give up. Anyway, no hard feelings and thank you I will. I try to always have fun.

Really ?

You come here asking everything with your only 2h reading on this forum. When people try to help you, giving you hints and pointing directions to find answers (instead of a full solution freely delivered to your house, i’m sorry, i only get it now !), instead of using those informations you got to continue your own researchs, you just tell people with shit loads of days of reading they are wrong and don’t use the right wording. Hahaha, so funny sorry :slight_smile:

Example : you just had to type "pro mini’ in google and would have learn (first result) that it is a kind of arduino board but you didn’t and instead asked “How do I wire the Pro mini to the arduino?”. Sorry it’s enough for me. Hope you won’t hurt yourself with your system if you manage to finish it.

My advices : be humble, use google more and read the forum a lot more than you did (you will say less bs and people will help you if you make some efforts on your side too).

1 Like

@Deckoz Yep and that’d be the reason for the sampling interval the ADC takes of the Analog signal it then converts to Digital. But in the application you’re trying to describe, wouldn’t it be DAC anyway? Isn’t PPM the digital signal (digital modulation really, because while it carries a signal similar to a simple Digital signal it carries multiple values, not just two, and each value it carries can vary from 1000 to 2000 hence the Pulse Position in its Modulation) from the radio remote that the Arduino is converting into analog (a modified analog) for the motor controller? So what is that type of signal called? Digital signal on AC? No, because then it would be an Inverter (lol) because ‘inverter’ is a type of signal too right? Not a device that converts DC electrical current into AC, so we’ll just call that signal ‘inverter’ instead of modified or pure sine wave AC right? Ya, because that makes sense. Like I said, you are arguing with the dictionary, not with me. You could’ve just said you don’t know the answers to my questions. That’s ok, thank you anyway.

@Slak I know the Pro mini is an Arduino board but there are several different types of them with different components and I don’t know the differences so I was asking for help. I misunderstood what I was being told at first. When I heard, “Wire a mini receiver to an Arduino like a pro mini.” I thought the Pro mini was a receiver I was being told to connect to an Arduino because again, I don’t understand. I’m not afraid to admit when I don’t understand or I’m wrong. But one thing I do understand is language, and if you can show me anywhere that says that ADC or DAC are actual types of signals, not devices that convert different types signals then I will admit that I’m wrong and apologize here too. If you know of anywhere that will say that please bring it to my attention. Thank you for your reply.

Dude you just don’t get it.

An ADC signal, is a voltage, there is no data. The voltage is measured, and compared to a table, with a range of voltages in a table in the code. You’re implying that there must be “data” in the signal" when all it is is a voltage within a range. 0.9V to 4V~ on a 5V DC line.

It is “analog” because it is pure voltage, and read as pure voltage, there is no blocking of the signal.

PPM is timed digital signal, that is on or off, the timing in between each packet is the same.

Pulse width modulation. Is a voltage that is turned on and then off, the length or time frame of these pulses of on and off have the same amplitude(voltage) so the signal is interpreted by time.

Also just because analog looks like a sine wave doesnt mean that’s its shape, analog is just a voltage that doesn’t turn on and off, and is continually measured on a DIGITAL PIN of an MCU for accurately acquiring the voltage value.

But really, if you wanna be a smart ass know it all, go back to google and figure it out. Or better yet put a scope on your ADC throttle, because guess what? It’s a 5v signal with a potentiometer that is varying the voltage from 0.9v-4V as you twist it. Potentiometers don’t magically make the voltage into a square wave form of any type.

I can’t believe your such a fuckin keyboard warrior.

2 Likes

My suggestion for you is just drop this, you don’t have programming or electronic skills to convert PWM(PPM) signal into analog voltage or even idea how to build circuit around arduino…

If you really want to do this here is example

Good luck!

2 Likes

1000w at 36v might power you to 15mph. Maby put this on you kids power wheel and make something fun for them. Best way to make this work is to Fab a servo to the control potentiometer the speed control is designed to use. Radio to mechanical to analog input.