Remote pairing issue

For the slave input setup, there wasn’t the option to test the ppm brake and acceleration like on the master on the VESC tool.

heres the setup vid https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1HzCoh9pN9zzI1l8hRwPSSNPrHrFXSyr3

Not the ppm. I speak about the motor wizard. Did you go through it on the slave too? Will have a look in the videos later. On the way to airport right now :sweat_smile:

yeah, i went through the motor setup for the slave as well

Ok, two things that went wrong. First is that the remote is not centered, but I think this you fixed already, right? Second, I don’t see any CAN cable which connect the both vescs.

I have fixed the remote config and after that I connected the CAN cable when one motor worked

So currently the master motor works and the slave doesn’t even when connected via canbus. Should i go split ppm?

The settings look right. Did you try to do a new set up with CAN connected? Maybe some settings haven’t been saved out of a reason I don’t know :sweat_smile: If that’s not work, split ppm would be an option, but you need to setup both vescs as master than.

You need to reboot both VESC’s after the can bus cable is connected.

1 Like

Hello all, im totally new to Chinese electric skateboards (or any electric skateboard) but have just been given one. Apparently the VESC is fine as it was checked by someone who knows but I cant seem to pair the remote to the board which isnt something they looked at. Im hesitant to spend any money on this so would like to figure out if this is just something simple im doing wrong. Ive read the thread about settings and rebooting but im not sure on all that and ive asked the local electric skateboard shop who obviously dont want a bar of it so im just trying this as a last resort before I turf it. Its a shame as its brand new and comes with spare parts for everything. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Post photos or make and model of the parts you have. Without knowing which ESC and which remote and how it’s connected, nobody will be able to help.