Remotes, commercially available options

The mini remote has a throttle and a steering wheel. When i don’t touch the throttle and turn the steering wheel then cruise control gets activated. When i release the steering wheel or touch the throttle or brake it will be deactivated.

1 Like

Nice over view mate :ok_hand:t2:

At the moment i spent some time optimizing the cruise control so that it can be used for carving. In the actual firmware it is already quite nice but in the next release it will be even better. But to make the same optimization for the Nunchuk is not that easy. The cruise control PID controller will also be adjustable via the app later on. Because each time the motor amps get changed the PID controller needs fine adjustments. But with the app it will be easy to find a good setup quickly.

I also want to implement the feature to change from BLDC to FOC via app. But for that a restart will be necessary. That means you press the butten in the app and it will take around 3 seconds to update and restart the Master and all slave VESCs. So you can decide by yourself if you want to run in silent or sound mode.

Has anyone got the battery indicator lights on the benchwheel receiver to work on a 10s board? The benchwheel board is 10S, it’s just a matter of figuring out the wiring.

I’m pretty sure the Benchwheel dual 1800 is 6s. I haven’t even tried to get them to work, it’s a protocol built into the Benchwheel ESC.

Will ‘ŗesurrect’ this topic… Are there any remotes where there is an actual ‘wheel’’ inside of remote, not just a little ‘stick’ pointing outwards?

Im talking about thumb operated remotes here, and I cannot find one, where there was this wheel thing instead of little stick…

I would like to go with the wheel because in my mind it might allow better precision and ‘stick’ control somehow still seems like it could be too responsive.

I know I seen a 3d design somewhere, so I dont expect commercial remote to be made that way… but still thought it might be worth asking

Pretty sure Boosted’s uses a full wheel. You could do it with a magnetic Hall sensor I think. The stick and material underneath is just easier though.

Thanks for reply!

I found @mmaner is working on one for mini remote, though he still needs some time to finish it…

it is located in:

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/enclosure-for-the-mini-remote/18790/65

If someone is interested.

Ill make a thread when I get a little closer and am ready to test.

2 Likes

Is the nano-x compatible with any receiver other than the stock one?

1 Like

I don’t think so. I’m going to check with enertion next week and see just that as I mine won’t bind now after months of use.

1 Like

Hey, my mini remote won’t bind anymore. Any suggestions? I’ve switched batteries and receivers but it didn’t help.

Does it require a binding plug?

Yes, I’ve been using the binding plug

I don’t know them, prolly the remote is just bad. @psychotiller has some good steez v2 remotes.

Another $50 on a remote is tough right now. It’s crazy since my board hasn’t worked enough for me to have even used the remote that much.

That sucks. I wish you were closer, I’d just rebuild it and get you in the road. Your in NY right? Anyone in NY that can help out?

Nj. @akhlut has helped me a bunch but I’m not sure how much he knows about remotes specifically and we’re about an hour away from each other. I’m not afraid of opening up an already malfunctioning remote though.

Mini remotes are crazy reliable… are you sure you can’t get it to bind? Please post a video of your setup (VESC settings if possible) and how your trying to connect it…

If your sure that batteries are good, used the binding plug and the correct procedure, not sure what else to check.