Replacing motors on benchwheel - Anything i should read first?

like you said, you’ll probably end up replacing everything on this board. even if that happens, what will you be left with?

i think the sunk cost fallacy is in full effect here. i know it’s hard to say good bye to $650, but let’s say you spend another…$300 to replace the broken bits. you’re now $900 in. once fixed, how long until something else stops working? are you going to replace the whole pcb if either the esc, remote controller, or bms blows out? how much is that going to be?

the only bad thing is, it’s going to be somewhat difficult to reuse the parts off the benchwheel if you do a new build.

the aluminum enclosure on the benchwheel, while it’s nice, is not practical for a larger battery. you may be able to reuse the truck / mount / pulley / wheels combination.

anyway, i’m on the side of ditching the whole thing and going diy 100%.

im gonna be a total dick-ahole combination on you. I filled a claim against the seller on paypal and got all my money back while keeping the board because seller dident follow the rules of returns. So i am actually just playing around with this thing, its 100% free for me to break or fuck up.

But yes, i totally get you, actually am i right now looking at some mount kits and so on, guess i will be needing a new setup and just ride this garbage with the one motor left until it faults too :stuck_out_tongue:

Aww fregging sweet, good on you.

Yea then no emotional attachment, definitely go for a new build.

To start, hit up @yummyblobs for focbox (vesc-x) and motors, @Shogu12 for mounts, @Titoxd10001 for pulleys if he’s still got some. Theyve got great prices

1 Like

I had a benchwheel too, only thing salvageable is the drive unit. I built a 8s4p dual build with the old benchwheel stuff and it worked out pretty good, it would be my prefered board if it wasnt so slow at 22mph top speed. At 8s you need to limit the erpm but the dual drive unit has surprising torque!

Those Samsung betteries are also pretty much junk, not worth it to to use for esk8, you can use it for other projects though. I recommend Sammy 30q’s.

newbie here… my benchwheel motor gets stuck and once you touch it-- it zoooms. is it the electricals or jst the motor

video here at 7:25