[resolved] Problem installing enertion pulley - Received 100% Credit as compensation

Dude I just checked his website and on the pulley page there is even a youtube video explaining what needs to be done to a caliber truck :expressionless:. The website actually hands it to you on a silver platter…

1 Like

Hi,

I think having these type of experiences - which are part of the full story of the DIY builds - shared 1, shows to new users what should be on the checklist for new builds to avoid headache 2, helps to make it easier to compare different options like parts and services and 3, supports in situations when things already went wrong.

There are things on both sides that could be done in different ways but then we wouldn’t be able to learn from it.

R, J.

2 Likes

Part of the problem is expectation…

Again, ordering these kinds of things can and do take time…Research needs to be done…so you know what parts you need and how to make them work for your application…if you are unsure…ask…it’s so simple to get things clarified…when you ask the right questions…there are so many resources in this fourm, it’s so concentrated…there is one main focus here…How to build an electric skateboard.

Agggghhhhhhh! (primal scream)

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas Ive been on the forum since getting my Mk 1 Raptor. All these disgruntled customers need to direct it to Enertion. Not here. Im over it like @Michaelinvegas . Do your research and read the dam details before hitting the buy button. Dont blame the seller for something that is clearly wriiten in the conditions. If you don’t understand what they are simply ask the questions.

@itsmikeholland Mike you need to take some responsibility of your actions. Did you then take the advice from onloop and forum members for the ‘mod’. Still complaining after a month. For everyones sake go to other suppliers and complain to them about your dramas, Im sure Enertion dont need customers like you. Good luck.

Enertion have been transparent in their operations. If you know their situation why say the things you have pointed out. You should have pulled the pin on the Vescs weeks ago if you could get alternatives quicker. Not. Using cash flow is a diversion and no excuse.

2 Likes

The internet is easy to find the information you need to build something. Gee my son built his own gaming computer all through google, YouTube, and his own now how. Didnt see or hear him blame others for this or that. I sometimes wonder why Jason is putting himself out there for this abuse. Its unwarranted sometimes, and most of the time he will try and work It out.

4 Likes

I agree with you…and that goes for all the other small businesses here that have all supported this DIY community…Why do they all stick their necks out?..:thinking:

Maybe…Because all of them give a shit abt e-boarding…they like it so much …they decided to make a business out of it…and they didn’t stop there…they share knowledge and expertise…they share thier failures…they share the passion … They are knee deep

We all need to realize that these guys are bustin their asses to get in our hands things that we need and want…these aren’t Kickstarter or indigogo companies…these are “roll up your sleeves and get it done yourself” companies … They are the engineers, help desk, and the parts guy all rolled into one, I’m sure they’ve written a few mailing labels themselves …

And with all that, we all need to show a bit of respect to these pioneers…The DIYers that have graduated into business owners. There so very few of them. (I don’t think most people understand or even care).

4 Likes

My experiences with every other builder/supplier in not just the board project put also for my FPV drone and my diy computer, has been flawless and awesome, ESPECIALLY dexter at TB and now chaka; ive only had problems with enertion, and even though ive only had 2 orders with them, 100% of the time i felt like jasons team didnt actually care about providing the same excellent customer service that every single other builder provides. Dexter sent me a different motor mount that the one i asked for without telling me, and when i asked what happened, after admitting some fault, he explained that the newest version is better but still offered to send me the one i ordered for free. Jason admitted that the restocking fee wasnt appropriate, which is totally cool. I still think that while he can be more clear about his pulley requiring modification, he should be. Why only be 60% excellent when you can be 100% excellent. I dont own a dremmel or anything besides screwdrivers, wire cutters, and a soldering iron. Im not about to sacrifice the structural integrity of my axle for the sake of using his product. I wanted to send everything back, store credit was offered instead with is cool because whatever, i can stock up on belts or bearings with it.

Im not sure where all of this roll up your sleeves and get dirty talk is coming from…i came to an enertion forum to complain about how the only builder to not have 100% excellent service is enertion. Am i happy i got refunded? Totally. Do i think calling the team out on a BS restocking policy was appropriate? Totally. Will i buy from them again? Probably not. Enertion is more likely than not gonna end up being the Tesla of the diy community. They need to act like it

To add on to this, i ordered a paris motor mount from torqueboards, it was in the cart already paid for. After learnjng that the caliber trucks were more stable and “better”, i contacted dexter and he was cool about just swapping it out. No fee sor anything because it was totally unnecessary

Everyone is so fixated on me not wanting to dremmel my trucks, that wasnt the first issue. First issue was that it looked like someone just pulled off of their daily driver and mailed it to me, the teeth looked like they had some wear and tear, plus it had dirt caked into the teeth. I could still use the pulley by drilling screws through it, but that doesnt negate that it arrived in questionable condition and i couldnt be refunded for just the shotty dwp, the belt and motor pulley were excellent and are ready for use. Having to modify my trucks or the pulley to use a shotty dwp because jason didnt want to refund me for a subpar product is not excellent service.

receiving a shitty pulley is cause for concern, but chopping trucks: business as usual.

every

single

build

and occasionally free pulley upgrades for existing first batch raptor customers who sent in for repairs

Enertion isn’t the only injection molded pulley in town, so they’re not the only ones running chopped or extended axle trucks. Evolve, for example… well i did a youtube video on using theirs that’s already in this thread.

Always expect to modify things when you enter the world of DIY hackery in which we dwell. Don’t know what’s up with receiving grody old pulleys though, that’s cause for concern in my opinion too.

2 Likes

Long haired boy! I was pretty positive that i would need to dremmel either the truck, drill the wheel, or find a way to use a more narrow nut with some locktite or something, which wouldnt have been an issue if there was a good reason given as to why it looked like someone else brushed off an old one and sent it to me for full price. Id be totally cool if there was an explanation like say, “we test one from every batch to ensure quality control, yours was tested for X miles up to X mph” or something, but i was told that its gonna get dirty anyways, which is kinda shady. This was also before i knew thatJason has some kind of employees helping him out, which explains both problems. Judging by his extensive knowledge and his branding, i expected some top tier communication. The bulk of the frustration comes from needing to modify my trucks for a shady product that wasnt up to the standards i expected from the owner, and the responses i received were not convincing me that he really cared to figure out what i was so upset about. I asked to fully refund JUST the dwp, not the belt or motor pulley, since i was weary about the quality and it cost me a fortune to ship it to CA from australia. Hopefully new builders and suppliers and can learn something valuable from this exchange, regardless of how embarrassing it may be.

Ive already ordered another pulley from someones else, and he provided store credit for the full order, which was cool.

1 Like

I did not realize it but for those of you who read this once and now regret it … you can mute conversations.

Evolve thread and this.

2 Likes

I think we should ban all threads that are about completes or customer experience.

8 Likes