Ride Riptide = DIYeboards?

You are not an idiot. You trusted something that was marketed well to you and at some point in our lives we all buy something that sucks and or make excuses that even if it does suck it’s worth it because of , whatever reason you want to believe. :slight_smile: At least you’ve come to terms with it. Like you said, you can return it or beef it up with some VESC POWA!

in highschool I still had the old ninja turtle board from my childhood, it was too childish to ride so I decided t0 paint it…my dad only had a can of gold spray paint, I was young and stupid (still stupid) I painted the whole thing as is, bearings and all.

Shit is shit, even if you cover it in gold. damn, now I’m bashing

Yup, been there. My first board while waiting for a Boosted and motors from Enertion was an Acton Blink.

3 Likes

Also, may want to change your title…looks very Bashy like. Maybe “Riptide = DIYEboards?? What do I do?”

1 Like

HAHA true because of the board I found this forum and now I want to make my own for cheaper.

1 Like

But it become GOLD shit… doesn’t this make it more special :star_struck:

2 Likes

watch what you say. They might charge you a “Finders Fee”

only if you put a little umbrella on it

3 Likes

All the gold talk reminds me of Austin Powers. “I love Gold”

1 Like

3 Likes

Is bashing not acceptable here? I’m new to this whole forum. More of a precaution for anyone considering. I get it though, the board looks cool and you don’t have to do anything. Just bummed I didn’t know before buying.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s an odd, but understandable rule. It’s a business and moderators suggest you talk to them privately.

Just because you have an issue with them making a profit by using cheap Chinese factory and parts doesn’t mean it’s an actual issue other would have so less bashing, more informing would be fair.

1 Like

Got it, I guess my goal is informing everyone not to buy this board at such a high cost when you have an equal if not better option for cheaper.

1 Like

I love RipTide. One look at their board though and you knew they sourced it and didn’t design it. I’d rather they spent their time developing awesome urethane products anyway.

3 Likes

To avoid confusion, I think the title should be changed to differentiate “Ride Riptide”, reseller of shitty, cheap boards, from “Riptide Sports”, creator and purveyor of fine urethane bushings and skate accessories (and a highly trustworthy vendor on this site).

10 Likes

Just update the title to Avoid confusion…

4 Likes

So what did you decided to do? Building the riptide or starting fresh?

Good to know, I thought they were the same entity, which bummed me out because one of the guys from riptide bushings was giving out really helpful advice about bushing setups. Glad I was mistaken.

I was mere minutes from buying a swagtron voyager until I stumbled onto this website. There should be a PSA alerting adults bout these toys…

1 Like

@Bobby A guy at my work literally found one of those laying in the grass at a park at 3 a.m. a few days ago. I tried to get him to give it to me just so I can take it apart but he thinks he’s going to sell it.

I tried to tell him he needs to find a remote and charger but he’s convinced he can use his laptop charger. Maybe he’ll get lucky and it’s the right one but he’s not going to try and do any research to find out he’s just going to shove it in there.

They go onsale on OfferUp for like 40 bucks with no remote/charger all the time. I think usually someone finds it because it was a gift for some kid and that kid can actually skate faster than the swagtron probably goes and just forgets about it because he hates it

1 Like