Ride Riptide = DIYeboards?

The name alone makes me hate it and anyone who rides it

Don’t you ridicule the Dutch. I’ll have you banned for it.

Just kidding.

The faboard is awesome btw. It’s the very first esk8 designed by a skater!

1 Like

Its a decent product imo. You get very good wheels and a dual belt drive board for a decent price!

I recently built a board with DIYEBoard dual motor drive, my own enclosure and dual vesc. After some small adjustments, i’m actually quite happy. $158 for a pair of pre-built drives is very good! A similar price on BKB or Torqueboards would cost close to $480. Not as smooth, quiet as a self built setup but can’t complain for the price.

1 Like

IMG_2899 On the topic of fab boards, am I the only one who’s noticed that hub motor model has a rkp rear truck and a tkp front truck?

5 Likes

Going to keep the riptide until I buy al the parts to rebuild it. I don’t have another board so I still want something to ride for the time being. probably changing the esc and battery on it.

Yeah it looks so bad… At first I really liked his videos but now he got his ‘own designed’ esk8, I’m really laughing when he tells about his battery which is specially designed and blabla… It’s just the fcking kit from diyesk8.

1 Like

Not trying to defend his board at all but the front TKP and back RKP setup isn’t bad. I believe some people on this forum run a front TKP with a back RKP. Its actually pretty nice for lower speeds as you can carve a lot better compared to dual RKP.

1 Like

Not saying that it’s a bad idea to have a tkp up front and an rkp in the back but I find it weird that it’s like that on the hub motor version and the belt drive version (at least from the pictures on his site) has a rkp truck front and back

1 Like

Yeah I think in his final version he will just use RKP trucks, this was just a quick prototype.

I don’t think so because the pictures on his site for the hub motor version have the tkp truck on it. And if the version in the pictures wasn’t the final version why would he bother doing a full on photo shoot for that prototype knowing he would have to do another one for the final product in the end?

1 Like

Because he doesn’t care. He also advertises his branded “unique” eyycam with two different prices on the same page. YouTube video with a cheaper price still in the title.

well i jus found that may be Fab will have a small problem, because even on DIYeboards they say that the dual belt motor should be use with a 6s or 10s batt and if im not wrong the 7s wont be that good for those dual belt motors, or does he change the internal bat of the enclosure for a diferent one?

because if thats the case i would like to know the specs of that batt, becuase i see that having a 10s bat against 2 or 3 7s that i can swap on the go, could be better, but i dont want to buy the 7s kit and then feel like i was better with the 10s.

nice deck. what is it?

Don’t get the 7s it’s shit. Buy the 10s5p or the 10s2p Sanyo/30q. Idk if diyeboard sells these but other Chinese board companies have them for reasonable prices

1 Like

You are in a forum that regularly produces innovation and you are talking about this shit? Search function and enlighten yourselves.

4 Likes

Landyachtz Ripple Ridge

They’ve phased it out of production but it is a great shape if you can get one used

BTW I’ve chucked my DIYEBOARD Dual drive… so much rolling resistance! Meh

1 Like

Right now im buying the parts to build a esk8 by myself, because “search function”, at the end i didnt found somethong that suit my tast and looking for one i saw that i could build for half the proce a master piece and not spend my money in a board that in 3 months would be in the trash or wasting more money to fix it, so, waiting for the pieces to put them together and have my own esk8 :smiley:

Just parts that work was what I was talking about. Not builds although they will give you inspiration. Good quality components that won’t let you down after the first 3 months. Buy cheap buy twice.

well im stock with my build, i bought the trucks and wheels, caliber II with abec 11 (the same as riptide R1Elite), the battery will be a 10s5p with a esc (for the moment), but my problem it’s with the motors, dont know if i should buy the 5055 270kv 1400W or the 6354 180kv 2000W.

second choice for sure, the dual 180kv should pack enough punch and topspeed with 10s, especially in a dual config

just stay away from diyeboards though. theyre scammers and bad people :man_shrugging:

1 Like