Ride your esk8 to to the Polls!

Here in the US it’s election season for our new president. I made a point of riding my eskate to the polls, hoping it might remind us of the need for lower-impact transportation options. I believe that positive transitions begin with dedicated folks like us taking small steps to get the word out.

Anytime someone asks about my eskate, I take the time to explain that a part of the reason I use it is because I don’t think I need a car for most of my short-distance travels. I try to spread the word.

There’s my build, created with the support of this community, outside after voting! @onloop @longhairedboy @chaka @psychotiller @lox897 @lowGuido @torqueboards @siggs3000 @trbt555 @RunPlayBack

4 Likes

you know it! Ride that shit every where! People always ask about my boards when i’m riding, and its a great chance to talk about PEVs and what they could mean for society. I make small grocery runs on mine all the time.

3 Likes

Awesome @longhairedboy! All the better that you’re picking up diapers! As a Dad myself, it’s good to challenge the expectation that longboards and skateboards are only “for kids.”

1 Like

the checkout line is always a fun place when people finally notice the motors.

1 Like

Nice! I’ll be sure to do the same once the circus makes it out to Cali. You really can’t tread any lighter than an EV this small.

1 Like

@siggs3000 and I ride to the polls, it’s a two-person Movement! Who else is in?!

We are all kids :heart:

I ride mine to and from work every day as long as it isnt raining. I hang it off the side of my desk and people are always interested in it when they walk by.

1 Like

I hope you both are riding tandem on one board. That would really send a message and solidify your unconventional “position” on eSk8’s. Lol

(My brain is still trying to formulate a visual for what that would look like. Processing…)

How is the HobbyKing motor handling the E-MTB setup?

Out of curiosity what do you use to Cary your groceries? I’ve always wanted to build a eboard trailer thing.

It’s performing extremely well so far @NNGG. I’ve got about 55 miles on at this point, no issues at all. It climbs hills like a champ, starts from a dead stop. I can’t really imagine it being better, but time will tell.

+1 here for hobby king SK3 I have used 7 of them on various builds and haven’t seen one die in over 12 months of solid use and 1000’s of km’s

I use a backpack, so small amounts of groceries only. But i can also carry 2 or 3 plastic bags while riding, so i can get quite a bit of stuff.

1 Like

@locktight I’m the same as @longhairedboy; I use a backpack. I’m not talented enough to hold bags of groceries while riding, I find that they swing around and mess with my balance. I can manage shirts from the dry cleaners, but not groceries.

i once rode home from walmart with an entirely new bed set. I’m talking about that giant plastic zipper bag stuffed with a comforter, pillow cases, pillow covers, tiny throw pillows, sheets, and a bed skirt. I also had a gallon of milk.

I’m sure it was at least mildly entertaining to watch.

1 Like

Who’s gonna be the first to strap a wicker bike basket to their board?

Or how about a second board hooked up like a trailer, but with a front caster wheel/truck setup like a Freebord, so it turns with you as you ride?

There is a skateboard that you can buy that has a craptastic electric setup and has a backpack permanently mounted to the deck. I think it’s this:

@TF22 Hey friend, I don’t mean to play moderator, but the term “chink” by most would be considered a slur that shouldn’t be used in a civil discussion, if at all. I understand that you might not be aware, but in the U.S. it’s an insult to our Chinese friends. Please consider editing. You’ll find that the members on this board are a cheerful, helpful, positive group, but we take equality seriously.

1 Like

Don’t tempt me :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: