Rolling Fortress | LaCroix Prototipo | Dual Focbox/6374 | DIY MBS Geared Drive | 12S4P

Superb build :ok_hand:t2: Well done

Yea. I used white lithium paste. :slight_smile:

Lithium paste…that sounds thicker… Mine is a spray which doesn’t seem thick at all

I don’t actually know if it would be good but it sounds like a job for

https://www.amazon.com/Maxima-74920-Chain-Wax-Aerosol/dp/B0012TZ1RU

2 Likes

I have some chain lube…too thin

Chain wax is quite thicker than typical. It still flings but stays on way better.

off the chain wax bro :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

There’s also this but it’s for metal on metal I believe

https://www.wurthusa.com/Chemical-Product/Lubricants/Specialty-Lubricants/HHS-K-Hinge-Lubricant/p/0893106050

Some guys on silverfish tried the old version (hhs-2000) for a durable waterproof bearing lube, to great effect. Forms a film that stays put.

I think the white marine grease will be the one to use… all of them will be lubricating but I suspect the noise reduction will be using the really thick ones…

1 Like

Chain wax may be worth a look

Please make a video of the drive where we can hear the sound. Really cool would be in combination with my app to see how it behaves at different power levels if you have a BLE module.

Yes it’s thick.

4 Likes

Would that be on the bench or off?

That’s what I need!!

The app has the possibility to place the realtime data over your video that you record with your smartphone. More info here

And here is a example how it looks like

1 Like

Also a remarkable moisturiser

3 Likes

yay my video is famous… haha xD

Does anyone know where I can get some matrix 2 trucks hallow?

Fantastic build. So clean and functional…and fuqqin’ beautiful. Your photo skills compliment the board nicely too.

And your drive system looks great. I’m surprised it hasn’t been asked yet, but do you have any plans to try helical gears as well? Honestly, I think that’s about the only thing you could “improve” on, if it holds up, of course. I love the sealed gear drive especially with the silent helicals.

2 Likes

Only @longhairedboy could provide you hallowed MatrixII since he has a special relationship with Skatan.