Rookie Cutter 🍪 Caliber II 40 | SK3 190KV | 10S1P 5Ah LiPo | Balance Only BMS Charging | 3D Printed Enclosure

Why don’t try mounting the motor out the back? Just an idea

image The entire circuit is charging and discharging correctly. Photos coming soon of that. I’ve filed down the motor mount to give the board additional clearance as well as clearway for the motors circlip to spin freely. I used a grinder to create grooves on the motors shaft for the motor pulley to grip to.

IMG_1556 Everything aligns and fits together nicely. Video of test ride coming soon also :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bit of an update dump:

image After trying to tighten the grubs I stripped the threads on the alloy motor pulley that came included in my cheap eBay kit. I promptly butchered the poor pulley in attempt to make things work, but to no avail.

image A quick order from RS components came through with a 15 tooth 5M 15mm wide timing pulley but had no grub holes and a 6mm bore. I drilled the bore out to 8mm but I was freshly out of grub and instead used this M? smothered in red locktite to secure the pulley.

image I scaled an enclosure found on thingiverse and printed it in PETG at 0.2mm layer height. (Photo taken before cable management).

image The enclosure is attached via 8 M? bolts with nylon nuts.

image Success!

image Using @twan’s VESC App for iOS I can monitor the charging progress of my board :heart_eyes:

image Also charging! (Still printing remote enclosure)

2 Likes

Summertime upgrades

IMG_2363 New remotey enclosure (no more sparkle logo)

IMG_2357 New waterproof enclosures (strong, mountable and easy access via screws) these and this (yes they have plenty of clearance)

IMG_2362 Ditched BMS for iMax B6, and failed to install anti-spark switch that I bought on eBay so we back oldschool

3 Likes

Wear shoes or you get laughed at

1 Like

image Upgrades baby, now rocking 10,000 maH at 42v

3 Likes