Scary day today! I was riding along a little bike path carving gently and enjoying the day. Next thing i know ive got a fireball at my feet while going ~25mph!!! I was able to disconnect power within probably 5 seconds but my battery seems to have sustained some damagage too (maybe not too bad). There’s small circles embedded into the enclosure where my battery sits as the bottoms of the batterieries heated-up so much they started melting the pelican case! Any longer with the batteries and i would have had thermal run away for sure. The one esc disintegrated!
Not sure of the cause, i was just cruising at half throttle on a flat road. Got lucky, be safe!