[RUMOR] ABEC11 closes down company - gone for good?

this is sad news indeed. Fortunately for me I have 2x spare sets which will probably out last my skating days anyway (perhaps part of the problem) but I feel for those who’ve yet to ride on 107s, and now may never get their hands on a fresh set once the existing stock is sold out :frowning:

2 Likes

Do we know if this is 100% true yet?

2 Likes

no, consider it rumour until confirmed

7 Likes

Somebody wake up @psychotiller and see what he knows/can find out. I love my abecs.
Been riding on gumballs for years. Would definitely be disappointed to lose access to abec wheels.

6 Likes

At least we have the TB 110s…

2 Likes

if this is true I am heart broken, end of an era. there’s not another longboard products company that can compete with the innovations created by ABEC. :sob:

6 Likes

Not really enjoyable though see’ing other folks leave… We should just all play in the sandbox together. :sob:

Glad muirskate came back…!

8 Likes

Nordboard has some electric flywheels. They have pink to which I didn’t know existed.

1 Like

From everything I know, this is not the end, the perfect storm that the parties are involved in will come to an end and they will survive, then thrive. I think @DavidBanner term “Phoenixing” is appropriate here.

23 Likes

This is the resolution I am hoping for!

Thanks @Alphamail for your insight!

7 Likes

I was going to say everyone might not miss the abec11 wheels but what about sixshooters aren’t they made there?

4 Likes

That’s great to hear thx @Alphamail

6 Likes

I make Sixshooters with my hands using Abec’s CNC mill. And I made them before I started using the mill there. There is no end in sight to the pneumatic torment I will cause.

19 Likes

awesome news! I would hate to see any e-skate company hit the buffers, especially one like ABEC11

3 Likes

I knew some part was done there good to hear as at some point in time I want to get a set of sixshooters when I get some surfrodz

added Rumor to the thread name

7 Likes

That was a great idea.

They are out of stock. Nobody has Electric Flywheels in stock.

1 Like

thanks Mike, I had that on my to-do list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just saw them on the website but never knew about the pink flywheels

1 Like