Runaway elongboard!

I’d be careful with these. It’s doubtful they can handle a full single motor, let alone a dual motor, Amp load. Rated for 10A only - so you might have a meltdown trying to run 40-60A through it.

I’d clip the loop key to your shoe or something as a kill switch - it’s at least built to handle the amps needed. Just might be difficult to do and push or even reposition your foot.

I like the idea of setting a max RPM in the VESC if gearing down doesn’t reduce your top speed enough. I might do this for my GF’s board.

@sl33py I came to the same conclusion. The buttons were actually on the low-power side of the anti-spark switch so the current wasn’t an issue, but there is no way that I can pick up my back foot and push that button at 20+mph without killing myself.

So I’m focusing on hardening the controller - I put a big aluminum plate over the whole assembly, and in the new version will have TVS’s on the power and control lines.

Funny story with those mushroom buttons, the switch on my drill press went bad one day so I thought I’d just swap one of those in - it melted. so 10A is optimistic.

1 Like