Hey eSK8ers / e-ATBers!
Has anyone ever played the game S.K.A.T.E? For those who haven’t it’s an old skool skateboard game where someone sets the trick and others have to copy it. If you can’t match the trick you get a letter. The last person to spell SKATE wins.
To make this more fun and fairer we’ve changed the rules for this platfom:
- A trick is set and everyone else aims to copy the trick.
- Upload a video of the successfully copied trick followed by all of the failed attempts so we can all have a bit of a laugh!
- The first person to upload the successfully copied trick sets the next trick.
- For each trick you successfully complete you EARN a letter.
- The first person to copy 5 successful tricks earning S, K, A, T, E is the winner.
- Players can join at any stage of the game and copy any of the set tricks - if they can post a video copying a trick then they pick up a letter and are added to the leaderboard. They can then continue to match any of the other tricks to earn additional letters and catch up
NOTE: For all entries to count you MUST wear a helmet at a bare minimum!
***** LEADERBOARD *****
Current Leader: @rich - the first person to get A. Killing the game, and his board, in persuit of S.K.A.T.E awesomeness!
TRICKS SET SO FAR
The first trick: Ollie Something
This is a straight forward Ollie over an inamimate (or animate!) object of your choosing! All you have to do is jump over it! This should hopefully get some names chalked up on the leaderboard! It’s also possible that an esk8er could take this one out first and set a non-strapped in trick too! Let’s see what happens
Second trick: Nollie
Great progression from the Ollie set by @amecces. Can’t wait to see the videos for this roll in!
Third trick: Switch Nollie
@DeathCookies taking the Nollie and switching that sh*t up! Nice variation as we get to experiment with a set up 180 or nose roll too
Third trick: Drift Circle
@rich mixing things up and taking full advantage of our off-road beasts! This is so rad, and looks pretty damn hard if I’m honest! I’ve abbreviated it to 360 Drift!
Nose Roll 180 This trick was originally set as the first trick but it proved to be really tricky on an e-ATB so we’re gonna park it for now!! If anyone does manage to do it though you get a letter and the pretigious title of eMTB God!!
In the video below Dylan Warren teaches a buddy how to Nose Roll 180 on a mountainboard - fast forward to the 3:55 mark to see the trick:
The video teaches the whole trick - frontside and backside.
S.K.A.T.E ON Brothers and Sisters!