S.K.A.T.E Challenge - Upload your trick vids!

Maybe we start with the eMTB push-ups then?! :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for the invitation, but personally staying with my four wheels on the ground as much as possible. 37 with fucked up knees from judo and wintersport. Already walk around like a grandpa for a day after a 20 km ride. One wrong move and I fear it’s over, especially with the weight of these boards. I personally like carving and improving my off-road speed as much as possible.

Looking forward to the vids though.

1 Like

Didn’t actually see the full description of the initial trick challenge at first… As a mountainboarder, I can tell you all, nose rolls are fairly easy to pick up, both frontside and backside. But fluid noseroll 180s (without touching down after the noseroll) are a lot harder. A lot harder. Good luck for all your attempts those that will be trying!

2 Likes

Too easy bro! At least an eMTB handstand strapped in bindings and with wristguards :laughing:

If I understand the rules correctly to be part of the game you have to upload a video. If you succeed you get a letter (and set the next trick), but to stay in game you have to upload a video, even when it contains fails only. Otherwise you can’t continue the game but can win a letter with another trick. Maybe there is a half letter for the best fail video? This way more people could contribute for fun even when they know they can’t succeed a trick.

Another option would be to start with easier tricks first and keep the fluid nose roll 180 for the letter “E”. So the winner of the whole challenge must succeed this trick in the end.

After the S.K.A.T.E challenge we could do a J.U.M.P challenge :metal:

2 Likes

This sounds really interessting. We just Need some professional leaderboard to Keep better track on progress

1 Like

Jesus, just found this, respect… and the winner is: @AndyBigD :laughing:

When you say it’s very hard I doubt any of us could do it except @Duffman or @Nowind.

1 Like

Shit - you got me worried now - just saw your credentials on your post! :rofl:

I can do it for days on my snowboard so just figured this would be similar - perhaps I picked too much of a tough one for the first trick. I’m happy to set something easier if people would prefer? Maybe just an ollie over a stuffed toy to get people warmed up!!! :smile:

You can slide sideways with an mtb as smooth as an snowboard? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Your snowboard has a heavy drive Train on the back? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dude I’m totally with you! I’m 36 and my body hurts like hell most of the time - it’s only my chriopractor that keeps me moving around!

There could easily be a trick for a powerslide or something cruisy though…let’s see what the next trick is!

LOL - fair enough. Jeez - you’re really giving me a hard time over this post! :joy:

Sorry, i just read your post and it is hillarious. you said you have “thought”… well maybe you did not think at all :stuck_out_tongue: I do not mean it in a bad way. i just have fun :smiley:

1 Like

I reckon we should be more flexible on this rule. Typically in S.K.A.T.E everyone has a crack at the trick, but as we’re playing via correspondance perhaps people could just try any trick at any point and get a letter if they can copy one and post the vid? So maybe change rule ‘6’? Somehting more like:

“6. Players can join at any stage of the game and copy any of the set tricks - if they can post a video copying a trick then they pick up a letter and are added to the leaderboard. They can then continue to match any of the other tricks to earn additional letters and catch up”

All the drama over this trick has made me even more desperate to try it!!! So much so I’m gonna throw on some pads and give it a crack in the backyard in the dark! I’ll try and got a couple of lights out too so it shows up on film. If it is totally impossible for us all at this stage I’ll set something easier. Fuck it, If I crack it I’ll set something easier anyway and if people do manage this trick at a later stage then they get the letter. It probabaly shouldn’t matter if you do the tricks out of order, you’ll still be picking up letters in sequence and it’s then first one then to post 5 successful tricks that becomes the winner. I’m certain there will be tricks that some people can do that others can’t and others that those people can do that the first lot can’t. I suck at backflips for example!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

As promised I tried it yesterday, but I couldn’t do a fluent noseroll 180°, yet…

A noseroll is easy, a 180° is easy, but combinig those is hard, as you would have to get the energy to jump off with your front foot and lift the whole board weight after you almost finish the first trick…

And of course I made a video: :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Looks great anyway, just one lame fail :roll_eyes:

Looking forward to film my fails within the next days, can’t even do a nose roll but wanna learn it.

1 Like

SHIT YEAH!!!

Duuuuude! I’m loving the effort - you’re sooooooo close! Regardless of whether you got it all in one go the riding was awesome! Like you said you have the nose roll and 180 perfectly!

…so…I just tried too! In the dark. I got close. But same as you couldn’t get the whole thing in one go - @AndyBigD you’re totally right buddy - that’s bloody hard! I recorded mine too, I’ll edit tomorrow night as it’s 11pm here now. Annoyingly the motor gear came loose after a load of tries so then I spent the rest of the time trying to do it from standstill!! Unlike you’re awesome riding I have ALOT of fails to share with you guys! :sweat_smile::crazy_face:

Hopefully the footage comes out as it was dark under house lighting.

I’ll fix my board and try again in a couple of days time!

Damn this is fun! :smile:

1 Like

Whilst I find the time to edit the video I couldn’t resist sharing a few bits with you which I’ve badly recorded on my phone!! :smile:

Warm up 360:

Nose Roll 180…well nearly!

Nose Roll 180 FAIL!

The best thing about this effort is the E-TOXX advertisement! :joy:

I banged my head on that last one too and I cannot stress strongly enough how important a helmet is - especially when trying new tricks!

WEAR A HELMET ALWAYS!

7 Likes

Man you almost succeed dude! :grin: Nice!

1 Like

Me too bro :beers: 36 and everything hurts :sweat_smile: Got a couple scorpions and a tailbone injury that have been coming back to haunt me as of late. That being said, I think I’m out of the SKATE game until I get some more pads (should be soon I hope).

Hats off on the nose roll 180 though. You almost had it!

Tsssssssss… young guys! I’m 40, ask my body :grin:

Unfortunately I’m out of the S.K.A.T.E challenge for some time because I just killed at least one motor and maybe more by crashing backward into a concrete obstacle at skate park :disappointed_relieved: will update my thread soon.

4 Likes

1 Like