S.K.A.T.E Challenge - Upload your trick vids!

alright hold my beer!

No for real, i´m pretty bad at tricks i think - but i´ll try as soon as my toe heals (smacked it last week with an steel axle). Should be ready again next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

:joy::joy::beers:

Hey Dan, I will definitely take the challenge!!!

But I would like change the rules:

• With every trick anyone copies successfully he/she EARNS a letter (or point if this challenge lasts longer :slight_smile: )

• The uploaded video should start with the successful try (to make it more interesting for others) and should be followed by all the fails on the way to it, even if it takes more than 5 tries. (This way it is easier not to cheat, because as said earlier no one can judge how many tries there were before. And we see more fails :wink: )

• The first who stands the trick sets the new trick. Others still get points for copying the trick or simply get no points for skipping a trick.

• If anyone joins the challenge later, he/she just has to follow up by copying the until then set tricks.

It would be great if you could update the first post with a list of the tricks and the succeeders to make it easier for everyone.

Something like:

• Noseroll + 180° - set by @DanSkates Accompished by: @…

Maybe you should even rename the tread to “S.K.A.T.E Challenge - Upload your trick vids!” to get more attention.

2 Likes

YOU’RE A GENIUS!! I LOVE IT!!

Ok, deal. I’ll update the first post this evening with the new rules and create the leaderboard. Great work dude! Really looking forward to seing how this progresses :blush:

Hey - do you reckon we should limit this to only eboards?

EDIT: First post now updated - let me know what you think :wink:

1 Like

I like that idea, this way you have endless tries (or shall it be limited to 1000? ) :joy: But it would be interesting to know which try succeed (e.g. No. 23, can be written in video description), followed by all the fails.

I’m sure my video would be movie length because I can’t even nose roll…

I bet @Duffman wins the first challenge :wink:

I would say yes otherwise you would do it with your 12ply jumping sensation :laughing:

1 Like

Just fine tuned my bindings and lets see if I managed to get few basics right :grinning:

1 Like

Well, we will try to stipulate some serious E-MTB action and show people what setup we use for that kind of action. I think the boards for doing tricks need to be tuned specifically for that. Doing a nose 180 wants a very balanced and light board. People tend to overpower their boards…

2 Likes

If the back is heavier u just Need to pull your leg stronger. The board does not Need to be tuned specifically for a nose roll. It makes it easier but it is not neccessary though…

3 Likes

Furthermore I think with a liitle pratice any pro freestyle rider could do almost any trick, 740’s, 1080’s, backflips, whatever only depending on the size of the kicker. Even with a 12s8p and 80mm motors. But IMO the battery should be in the middle.

3 Likes

I think this is all really healthy discussion. The talk is generally around the mechanics/operation of the board but now we have boards we can ride it’s right we think about how boards can be optimised for different situations. For example all my kicker vids have been with x4 6s lipos - I only need x2 and could even get away with x1 6s if I changed my settings. I’ll defo think about this for future vids. It’s probably important that we start to build with this in mind. If I did wanna flick over to a 6s setting, I should have a phone app with a preloaded setting so I can change between optimised ride modes…for example

I think i heard @NoWind say that he has a seperate 8S Freestyle Board that runs with a single Lipo, maybe some insight into that would be interesting for this style of riding.

As for me, i really like the idea of this thread but it will be a while until i can even remotely compete, didn’t manage to get a lot of kilometers on my board yet :laughing:

3 Likes

Darn it - I’m out!! What about a separate section for people like me who will just continually fail? LOL.

4 Likes

LOL - best compilation of fails ever! That will take some topping. Scarily the one he got the most messed up was the skateboarding one! :crazy_face:

Now I got my bindings just right (took a while of ride to find the best standing posture), doing jump is now not as hard and as imbalance as before. Still I think weight management to get the balance just right is crucial before doing any tricks.

1 Like

But that would kill the fun, please shoot your challenge video today :grin:

1 Like

Totally true. That is the reason that a nose role 180 is the worst trick for the beginning of a game of skate…

the trick itself is hard and normaly most People only have 2wd which makes the Balance Problems even harder…

You could be right - I haven’t tried it yet. But that’s half the fun! Look at the video of @duffman - he makes nose rolls look easy :slight_smile: I guess the only way to find out is to try. Half of the idea of this topic is to help each other improve whilst having fun at the same time. We all learn how to build from each other - now it’s time to learn to ride from each other. :

1 Like

I dont think im confident enough to put it on video. I literally didn’t even manage to jump higher than 15 cm from the ground :smiley: from a hop to a jump is big difference already for me :D.

Hopefully in few weeks when weather is clearer and stack up more balls, I try the 180!

4 Likes

balls, we need balls!

1 Like