S-W-Proto | Jet Spud | 12S3P VTC6 | Modular Holders | 6374 x 2 @ 170kv Caliber II | Bevel Gearbox | ABEC 107 | Unity

So @Winfly and I are working together on a “ride prototype” of something so we figured we may as well post it here.

• Slightly modified Jet Spud… for now :wink:
  • Jet Spud enclosure by @Eboosted… for now :wink:
  • G|Bomb SDF and Standard Drop
  • 12S3P VTC6 pack using @Winfly’s modular cell holders
  • Caliber II “satin gray” or whatever they call the color
  • No idea what wheels to use right now but temporary 107s, will probs go smaller
  • 90 degree bevel gearbox from @MorrisHsu, allowing big motors on regular unmodified Caliber II without drama
  • FOCbox Unity from @onloop, @Deodand & co.
  • Bestech d140
  • idk what remote for now
  • that’s the whole kit 'n kaboodle folks

Pics of initial fit and assembly

IMG_6023

IMG_6024

(not screwed down fully)

IMG_6026

IMG_6027

IMG_6028

IMG_6025

IMG_6032

IMG_6031

IMG_6030

More to come…

46 Likes

This is almost exactly what i was planning on doing with my spud and brackets from @257

3 Likes

How much does he charge for the brackets, been trying to get two, anyway you can get the dimensions of the brackets?

2 Likes

Very nice! Love the clearance you get with that gear drive! How are you going to place the BMS? Just on top of the battery?

Since his are handmade he can make them in whatever dimensions needed. He’s a busy guy tho so not sure he’s taking orders. Can’t remember price. Wanna say $100 but it’s been awhile.

2 Likes

I’m trying to get the dimensions so @Boardnamics can make some for me, it’s crazy how he hand makes them

As @Skunk mentioned, @257 brackets are precise craftmanshift. I’ve seen how he works and is short of amazing. You may think it was all done with CNC, but no, all by hand. Pristine! Price for mine was $50…

IMG_20180928_165731

IMG_20180928_165812

10 Likes

It’s just a mock up… remind yourself to breath… it’s only temporary… they won’t keep it that way…

2 Likes

Just for you I’ll keep it that way forever and ever :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

In that case I hope they get bent and covered in hair. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EDIT: No I can’t even say that. Nice build tho.

2 Likes

I’ve been out of the game for a bit dealing with life and whatnot… @Skunk I’ve got your plates 99% I’ve just been busy being a wreck to get them polished up and sent. I’ll pm you.

When I get things more sorted out I’d be happy to make whatever you need @KaramQ :+1:

Here’s the basic dimensions if you want to pass them on

13 Likes

Thank you so much man!

3 Likes

What material are you typically using?

This build is so bad ass! Love it.

1 Like

If you have a woodshop at school, honestly, everything you need to make these perfectly should be in there. Keeping in mind - that you making a pair for yourself cannot be equated to practices used in making mass quantities.

Anyways - just print the dimensions 1:1 on a laser printer. Buy aluminum bar stock in the proper dimensions (2.5"x0.25")

Hacksaw to rough length (or, a wooden chop saw can cut soft metals if you clamp, go slow, and use lube)

Glue on diagram with a glue stick, drill press holes, countersink same way, then round the radius on a belt sander to glued on diagram, finally, belt sander or palm sand sharp edges. 10minute project if you plan everything out and follow it

6 Likes

Looks dope… throw some 90-97mm wheels :+1:t3::+1:t3:

2 Likes

New gears with thrust bearing

image image image image

10 Likes

How are you liking those? The spiral gearbox

1 Like

please attach propellers/turbines to the back of the motor cans and tell people it’s fan drive.

28368-main_1__3

9 Likes

Those 90 degree bevel gearboxes look so awesome. Do they have that awesome gearbox sound, too?

2 Likes