S-W-Proto | Jet Spud | 12S3P VTC6 | Modular Holders | 6374 x 2 @ 170kv Caliber II | Bevel Gearbox | ABEC 107 | Unity

I like them when they work, they look and sound sick. My one issue with them is that there was too much play in how the gears were set up, so I made the suggestion to @MorrisHsu to change the design, which he did. Now the new added thrust bearing seems to be doing well and there is no longer any play in the gears at all. I’ve yet to take the new one out but hope they perform well.

and yes @b264 they sound like the future :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

The bottom for now

11 Likes

And enclosure drilled and fitted. Seems like we’re gonna get it rideable tonight…

image image

8 Likes

Video please. Wanna hear it

3 Likes

Soon ™

10cc

2 Likes

@KaramQ, @Skunk… the original sketch. I made it for Old School mounting bolts (which are countersunk and will seat flush). Come with reinforced lower plates since the brackets will be dropped.

IMG_20180916_012813

3 Likes

What truck extenders are you using @sofu?

G|Bomb standard drop and super deep fork

Also, major progress

9 Likes

Ooh, those are some nice brakets, definitely getting a set when I can say I’m financially stable

1 Like

You $125 poorer since eight hours ago. :laughing:

2 Likes

Lol, still haven’t payed him, he is charging it to get it tested before he sells it to me @pixelsilva

1 Like

Your Dad is gonna erase you from his will if he finds out. :grimacing:

@sofu’s bracketed builds are reaching new heights. I never thought G|Bomb brackets will work so nice with SurfRodz or Caliber trucks but they are.

1 Like

You mean @sofu and @Winfly :wink:

3 Likes

@Winfly :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well it is very loud… probably cause of the new parts

6 Likes

Not salty at all. Definitely not half of the parts are mine.

6 Likes

same here but with a Rayne Exorcist :rofl:

LOUD? Its music to my ears:heart_eyes:

Yeah, just awesome! Questioning myself if its possible to mount them vertically? don’t know why but it would be another option for new extreme Sofu and winfly boards:heart_eyes:

One thing we always do on the Baja team I was part of is to run the new gearbox with valve polishing compound for a few minutes at low speed to set the gears, probably would help a bit, just keep in mind that all bearings will be ruined, so if possible buy some cheap ones to do that then clean everything and put the good ones

2 Likes