S-W-Proto | Jet Spud | 12S3P VTC6 | Modular Holders | 6374 x 2 @ 170kv Caliber II | Bevel Gearbox | ABEC 107 | Unity

Are you going to use a thick gasket?
Because if you don’t there is no way you will be able to fit the enclosure with a battery this thick and the unity over the BMS.

Edit: Never mind, it is the double stack enclosure. Edit 2: Maybe it is not. I am confused. If it is the SS how on earth did you manage to fit this battery in there?

When I say loud I mean extreme loudness to the point where you can’t even listen to it :grimacing: we ended up swapping back to the old gears cause the new gear heated up the casing to burning temperatures… Gotta figure that out with Morris…

@taz it fits! Just barely though

3 Likes

sounds like the gear mesh is too tight. Is there a lot of resistance when spinning the wheel by hand?

1 Like

Yeah I think the gears are now meshed too tightly. The resistance is too much. I went back to the old gear, we will see how that does again. Resistance on the old is way better

not sure how the pinion is mounted on the motor but if you could move the pinion further down the motor shaft, that’ll give you a large mesh between the gears and reduce the resistance.

KSBSG

Ahhh Ok, I turned up the volume and know I know wich “loudness” you were mentioning. :thinking:

doesn’t matter what you think, hahahaha, you are in the boat and you have to live with that:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Should’ve bought the gasket. I would be less stressed about it if it isn’t this tight.

BÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄM! 10 char

I’ve really been falling in love with the look of the gear drive along with the narrow truck possibilites it brings… However, @sofu, is the general consensus that for the time being it may need some revisioning?

Also, earlier in the thread you said you preferred pumping on the calibers over surfrodz. Which type or SR were you talking about? I would love to have this drive on some narrow SR tkps - but is there a possibility that calibers may feel better? I just always thought a precision truck would be nicer at uhh, anything haha.

My battery is thinner so I don’t have a problem with it being tight.

I have wide SR. 200 I think. I’ve yet to own narrow precision trucks but I ride seismic 45 (cast non precision) daily and they’re fantastic narrow trucks. Caliber is approaching that feeling but feel just a but sloppier than seismic. I believe these gearbox may fit on aera trucks so when budget allows I will buy a set and test.

We swapped back to the v1 gears and the performance was really great since now nothing was falling apart. I think besides the noise issue which could be a non issue and some refinements that should be done, the gearbox is pretty great.

3 Likes

The back space in the eboosted enclosure might be able to fit a smaller BMS if you don’t feel like stacking it under the unity.

image image

Really cool build.

4 Likes

Link to BMS pls

http://www.bestechpower.com/444v12spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D606.html

Does that little beauty have an e-switch? Looks like a temperature sensor and wires for switch?

You can get them with one or without. This one is without because I use it for charge only. Yes those are temp sensors

1 Like

I was stunned how stable my tayto deck is this is going to be MEGA stable, and as a tail lover I even fancy something similar now loosing the tail but gaining a little wedge :smile:

Very cool build!

1 Like

Hell yeah !

1 Like

@sofu because of your firefly remote issues…maybe @Pryside is the right one to talk to about your issues. I know you bought it from Stefan, but I think you can count on this boy. He is just a bit lazy in here because he said he is stressed by studying, but give him a try. peace