Samsung 30Q FAKE VS REAL

Ive bought from IMR and Nkon with no issues. I wouldn’t know a fake from real though unless it was blatant :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Yes , I was asking a opinion by comparing images with your cells. Since its the only source in India that I can find that has a history of selling Genuine cells.

I didn’t even know fake 30q was a problem I was worried about the 100 cells I just purchased from IMR till everyone said they are Legit.

1 Like

There are fakes out there. Some of them look exactly like the genuine cells. the only way to know for sure is to test them. Calculate your risks.

3 Likes

I could print heat shrink that looks exactly like the factories, so hardware testing is the only viable option.

1 Like

Lol @psychotiller I live about 20 minutes away from IMR Batteries

2 Likes

U could charge at high current n see if it gets hot. N see what mah will take between voltages to compare

Damn! That’s awesome. They always get our orders out quick!

2 Likes

Yea, I usually get free next day shipping since it only goes to one post Office lol

2 Likes

Just ordered 20cells from banggood since they where selling them on a flash deal. Time will tell if they are fake or not :X I’ll check capacity when they arrive.

Everything seems to check out visually. I’d say theres a good chance they’re the real deal but like psychotiller said, the only way to be sure is to do a discharge test.

On a side note, it seems that from the packaging, your supplier sources their cells from efest in china. They have a good transaction level on alibaba for 7-8 years.

1 Like

Thankyou for your help :slight_smile:

I think a charge test is easier n more valid! U can correlate it to charge testing at different currents already done A discharge test, unless controlled environment, you’d be all over w discharge current.

I just use a icharger 406duo that can discharge and show the amount of mAh pulled and then I charge it back up again and see how much it can put on. Might be special things to get it more accurate but I don’t think this is far off.

The thing is that not only the capacity is the thing you should test. Even more important is that the cells can handle the current you want to get out of them. If you get a fake cell with the same capacity like the original one but can handle only 10% of the max discharge current than the original thsn it’s a kind a problem…this you can’t measure with a balance charger.

1 Like

Max discharge power capacity: 140W (Channel 80W) Max regenerative discharge power capacity: 1400W (Channel 1000W) Max extra discharge power capacity: 2000W (Channel 1000W @25V/40A)

I’ve never tested to discharge at high current but it doesn’t look like a problem to do 10A discharge on this charger. It’s a beast!

i think a 10a discharge current is enough to test a 30q. according to datasheet at 10a a typical 30q should give 2945mah so if u get that much it should be fine no?

Then the icharger should be enough. Single cell it can discharge 80w and that’s like 25A/4volt. Might be an amp limit and not only a watt limit. Will test it in a few days and see how it works.

If I understand correctly you can use a big empty Lipo and charge that while discharging a cell and put 1000Watt out as discharge when charging the Lipo. Never tested this tho…

At what cutoff voltage is those numbers?

2.5v

Thanks everyone for help. Cells were genuine bought them made a 10s2p pack. Its charging currently while it was on 20% it wasn’t saging 1v drop was observed.

Thanks everyone again for inputs and pictures. I can finally ride again after a wait of 7-8 months.:metal:t2:

1 Like