Scarpar Snowboard Thing

Have you guys seen this?

1 Like

This article is from 2013:

1 Like

The company appears to be defunct. Their website is a ghost town.

Iā€™m curious about how it steers. I saw a video of an earlier version that bent Iā€™m the middle to curve like a train. On this one I think the track rollers articulate to deform the belt into a cone shape. It is controlled by leaning but it doesnā€™t seem to physically lean over very much.

In general it seems overly complicated but it made me wonderā€¦

Hmm? See what Iā€™m thinking?

Awesome concept. I really want (to build) one :slight_smile:

The company seems to be suffering fromā€¦not actually delivering anything? Vaporware? Everytime they update, they said ā€œshipping in (9-12 months from current date)ā€ Starting at least in May 2010 (from their Facebook posts) Their last 3 Facebook posts were:

• Dec 2016: ā€œworks great on very soft sand ā€¦ more in January ā€¦ā€

• April 2016 ā€œItā€™s been a while, but we havenā€™t been standing still. Key message: shipping into Christmas 2016 looks doable. We have a few things to sort, but everything is lining up.ā€

• June 2015: ā€œThanks for your patience ā€¦ hereā€™s a bit of an update. Firstly, yes, we are still alive. Tough year in 2014 but we got through and have signed a joint venture agreement with a very large Chinese manufacturer. They are a scale manufacturer shipping over a million products a year alreadyā€¦ The current schedule sees us shipping for Christmas next year. Actually, itā€™ll be in stores October 2016 if we donā€™t get any slippage. A completely revised electrical system, now 80v rather than 48v, and an almost complete mechanical re-design mean thereā€™s a lot to do. We aim to be back into testing on the revised platform by late this year.ā€

Thanks for the info. I live in Alaska and itā€™s super super snowy here right now so this concept caught my attention.

I would feel so bad ass riding into work on my motorized snowboard!

1 Like

dude bro. AK love. Im from the banks myselfā€¦now reside in sunny espanaā€¦check out some of the trampa builds with chains or zip ties

Hey brother dude! Iā€™m down in Sitka.

I will look into what you mentioned. It is pertinent to my interests.

Hereā€™s a pic of some chains I put on my motorcycle recently:

1 Like

I found this pic that a user named Riako posted!

Did you make this board, @Riako? Where does one get treads like that?

2 Likes

It looks kinda like regular tyres strapped to three small rollers.

Ji Pstrap, it the frensh marque named Willozboard who made it (I used Ć  weld motor mount on Vertigo trucks made Willoz, and see this carzy pict on a frensh forum)ā€¦ canā€™t tell you more

1 Like

contact him : https://willozboard.jimdo.com/

Check out @Duffmanā€™s monster build. Heā€™s got photos and YouTube videos floating around this forum, but no build thread yet.

Or, if you can read German, I think?

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks for the information Reiko! I might reach out him at some point once I learn a little more.

Thatā€™s pretty awesome! Thanks for the link, Mobutusan. Do you know what kind of tires those are on that thing?

1 Like

Did you build that Journ?!

No, this is my 4WD ā€˜monsterā€™. I promise that I"ll do a buildlog when I find the timeā€¦

Please do, Duffman! I look forward to it. Awesome vehicle!