[Selling] FatBoy Sparky Switch v1.0 300A 6S-14S Anti-Spark Switch

Well the input and output is on there, but it doesn’t say what the other connector in your renderings is for?

In your description you say it has a push button, hold button, a place for a fuse… I’m just trying to figure out where these are supposed to hook up now. Obviously the power input and output needs no explanation, but I’m not sure about the rest is all. Thanks for your help this looks fantastic!

The photos posted above are for a prototype version in the other thread and not the final product in this thread.

All the connections are marked on the PCB

1 Like

Yes I realize that, but the PCB still has what looks like that connector thing that is in the renderings, except it’s not on there… So I’m just curious what we need to do to connect an on/off switch, where the fuse would go, all that stuff, cause all I see currently is just the input and output.

It’s all marked right there. I’m not sure what else you could need to know. Only the Input+ and Output+ need to be large-gauge wire.

GND means “Ground” or negative and BTN means “button” (momentary-style) and LED means Light-Emitting-Diode and you’d need a resistor for current-limiting depending on what LED you use. The LED port is optional.

The momentary switch goes between GND and BTN

3 Likes

I am sorry but this product is for higher technical level, not made for beginners, if you dont know where to plug fuse I would not suggest to use this device as the currents that high can kill you. I would suggest to learn basics of electronics first to understand how this device works where to connect it and what potential dangers are.

2 Likes

@uigiroux I’m not sure this product is a good fit for you. Perhaps a loop key would fit your use-case better.

1 Like

No I see the problem, I am on my phone so I couldn’t read what it said in that corner, but I just looked on my computer and see it so nvm I figured it out. Thank you!

The point is that this is experimental hardware using enough power to stop your heart. So you need at least a novice understanding before you start working with it.

The switch goes right here… image Which anyone with a novice understanding of electronics and high-amperage switching systems would know.

3 Likes

Yes I can see that now. I just wasn’t able to read it at first cause I was on my phone. After looking at it from the computer I am fine, all questions answered.

… And with that in mind, and the fact that @Kug3lis doesn’t actually require you to have an “electronics license” to get one of these “higher technical level” switches, a slightly more accomodating response would not have been considered out of place imho :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

after the 3rd response I was just trying to be clear. I think that was in place imho…

1 Like

Sure. Imho the seller is the one that could have stepped up. Lol.

Sorry I was working on schematic, as I do not have access to decent painting tool on mac so I got this with Preview :smiley:

8 Likes

Looks pretty solid to me :wink:

2 Likes

Back in store, hurry up if you want to get them :slight_smile:

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/fatboy/products/fatboy-sparky-switch-v1-0

1 Like

UP!

10char

Last ones left of current batch :slight_smile:

@Kug3lis is it possible to have a revision on the dual finned focbox cases to include this Fatboy antispark? :slight_smile: Maybe right in the middle so we can take advantage of the active air cooling.

I’ts already pretty wide like take a look at my Trampa, if you add another 3 cm it will be huge :smiley:

@Kug3lis any changes that you could make your dual housing for focbox, like the one for the Escapes, so it could be mountet inside an enclosure, and stil have greate cooling via the fins… I never got, why you want your dual enclosure to be a separate thing, with lot of wiring harness between the dual enclosure and all the other components?

2 Likes