Sensor wire connector

Not talking about the phase wires, I’m looking for a connectorbto be used for the hal sensor wires. Even the wires coming out of the motor can’t handle 60a, or am I mistaking ?

Yes, I get it… but the plug would only be connected when the board is off. But then again, what if the connector gets wanked out while riding … hmmm… good point !

I’m seriously thinking of going sensorLESS hahaha

That’s what Evolve uses in thier boards.

The MT60 or 9 pin?

i want a small version of the Mini DIN used on the old PS2 keyboards. Its round and has 6 pins. but those don’t lock in place with any real amount of friction.

I’m on the hunt for this too and have been for a little while. I’d really like to be able to order my motors with a round connector and an adapter for vesc type escs. so i’ll post anything i find.

2 Likes

Yeahh hahaha I was even think to design a connector myself lmao

do it! i’ll buy them.

There’s these, but I think a bit bulky

i think i’m going to check them out. I haven’t seen those yet.

I’m still liking the options i showed. Female micro-usb here, it’s not too bad to solder.

Pretty small, if using these with heatshrink. And microusb is surprisingly robust, rated for 10,000 insertions, and has some retention built in. I’d still heatshrink the whole connection if using for sense wires…

You can also get them with housings, at least the male end

MPX is about the size of XT60.

If you wanna go usb, use a breakout board, sturdier I use these when replacing microusb in noname random devices :wink: Also I think it would be possible to find a breakout board that matches the pin pitch of the PCB so you can just solder the breakout directly to PCB with pins or leads

I’m wondering, howmuch Volt and Amps do these connectors need to be able to hold ?

Quick mockup

Also could use usb-c breakout and itll be reversible

1 Like

My motors came like this and they dont have a connector for the hall sensor wires and so there isnt a way for me to plug my hall sensor wires into the esc Does anyone know how i can connect it or where i can get hall sensor connectors

anyone ever find a good solution for this?

This would work for most boards. Probably don’t want to use it for very high powered boards though.

1 Like

How bad would it be to get water in my sensor wire connection? Will it destroy something?

I covered the conections with a few layers of heat shrink and i sealed my enclosure with a glue gun. I would still be careful, but you should take precautions to seal the enclosure as much as possible.

@Jsk8

1 Like