Sensored vs. Sensorless Motor

Self Respect. haha

1 Like

If you only need 10-12mph this would be plenty:

your mom can suck it. lol

5 Likes

Caliber joker…:point_down:

…inmerse in Caliber world…:point_down:

what’s your point? that i like caliber trucks?

1 Like

More than caliber trucks, you like caliber mounts.

i do like caliber mounts. Mostly because they work well with caliber trucks, which i like. I tried paris mounts on caliber trucks, but that didn’t work.

5 Likes

Your Caliber mounts set the example for me to design my custom mounts…

2 Likes

…the reinforcing beam in particular

1 Like

Yeah, without that beam Caliber mounts (on caliber2 trucks or clones) pretty much suck. Sorry LHB

Your Mom likes Surfrodz better…

2 Likes

actually i rode around for about 2 months on these mounts without the bar. They don’t creep. I lost a wheel at fun speed and dropped the whole corner of the board down on the mount when the bearing cooked and disintegrated. I rode it out on the mount, scraping the ground and grinding a nice gash in it, and it still wasn’t misaligned. I haven’t changed my belts in over 4 months because of the better alignment, which hasn’t been adjusted or even touched at all since initial install. Enertion mounts suck. DIY mounts suck. Alien mounts suck. Your mom’s mounts suck.

6 Likes

I have just completed my board. I’m running dual sensorless 6354 motors with the eBay esc. It seems to be running in foc as it states because it’s super smooth start up (almost zero cogging) and it’s silent except for when accelerating hard

1 Like

That sounds sweet but the fruit at the top of the tree is way tastier.

3 Likes

the fruit on the top of your mom is tastier.

@madlemgw I have a set of RSPEC 6355s and a set of Totally Bitchin 6355s. The R-SPECs were rated at something like 2700 watts peak while mine are rated at around 3100 watts peak. Neither of those motors has ever seen anywhere near that, so with that minor discretion ignored, i think either will provide a lovely experience provided you tune it well and keep tweaking it until its how you want it.

FOC works well on uncensored motors provided you have an ESC that can handle FOC well. IT works really well on sensored motors because of… well… sensors. I’m sure the initial startup algorithm would love to see the sensors there, but i think that’s the real trick, isn’t it? The startup algorithm is the magic because after the damn thing’s rolling you can easily guess where the flux angle is. At startup, where the hell is it on an unsensored motor? a good algorithm can figure that out without burping too much, or even at all (perceptively)

so either.

The Arc Boards penny can start from a standstill on a single un-sensored 4045 using a shit china VESC (flier) and mostly default settings. Minimal burping, but it is BLDC mode and compared to mine in BLDC its like listening to a turbo charged Fiat take off from a late 70’s dodge charger.

All things considered, if somebody was going to name a “best compact slurpee runner of the year” i’d have to hand to those guys in Singapore. The original penny was great but the 121C is a personal favorite and it has a single 5055.

I realize i’m probably melting some minds right now, considering who i am and what i just said.

3 Likes

oh yeah, you can get them. I can have a batch of twenty of them next month if the community wants them. And i can tell you, they’re a hell of a lot easier to build my boards with.

Ftfy

10char

3 Likes

LOLOLOLOLOL

1 Like

Hi,I am using racestar motor with sensor,and when I connect the sensor it’s very load and rough like grinder,what could be the reason for than anyone ???

Did you do a motor detection after you connected the sensors?

I disconnected the motors last week cause I am having some problem with the lining the motors.so I just connected them.