Series and Parallel Skateboard Circuits

sorry i f up the balance lead here is the final digram haha

yes i know but ur charger wil short circuit

1 Like

You have to disconnect the series before you charge in parallel

here u go u can se wat u did rong

chagers dont like a 700 amp draw thay may exsplode but hey if u like fireworks

Oh damn me… You are correct.

Charging will be a hassle. Disconnect series connector and disconnect xt90s for charging. Maybe someone has a better idea to charge parallel and discharge in series by de-/connecting only one plug?

yep, the pain of using lipos. maybe use a bms or need to get better charger, but then again , might as well go with liion

liion is the same pain

I don’t know if this makes a difference, but that little gray box in my diagram is a high voltage power switch. Would the circuit work if whenever I charged the batteries, that was off?

I had the same goal of 12S power with 6S parallel charging. My simple solution is here: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/trampa-street-carver-sk3-6374-12s-vesc-and-trampa-mount-kit/10259

This is the switch: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/electric-skateboard-on-off-power-switch/ It’s way overpriced but it looks professional and has built in spark protection. I think, as long as this switch is off, charging would be fine and the circuit would work. Look at the original picture of my circuit to see where it is, and tell me if I am incorrect.

@Esrapp21 The only thing that that switch is doing is replacing the xt90s on @mountainboardlover69 diagram. But your diagram is still wrong. Maybe @SteveS can make you a diagram of what he did.

this is the diagram you have to use then

2 Likes

I see. Ok, thanks for the response. I’ll post my final circuit and when it is done. Thank you all!

I’ve added a way to disconnect the Parallel charging circuit while in use by putting the xt60 connectors at the ends of the Parallel connectors, as you guys suggested. This should be the final circuit, assuming nothing goes wrong. I will post the physical circuit when I get the parts. Thank you guys again!

The positive lead of the lower battery is still permanently wired to the negative lead of the upper battery. By this diagram, you would then be creating a short when you connect the parallel connector.

no ur chager wont like this set up i made a scets take a good look

i markt wat u did rong but if u change every ting u need change it wil look just like this

just do it like this:

Also you should probably have a look at this thread:

um that is the same but u wil power the vesc btw and no anti spark plug (u need that)@SteveS this is your digarm or did i made a mistake

@Esrapp21 if you use @SteveS setup u need to take the lid of every singel time

it is not the same - in my diagram there is a loop key that acts as an anti spark.

it is but i need 2 put a volt meter in my xt60 so i need to get 2 free ports not one and the xt60 is that key and if i look at my other diagram u can se the xt90 antie spark and how do u stop puting the esc on power