SESC a VESC 6 derivative

that is around USD240 to 250 per piece. At this price, a lot of members will hardly consider.

즉, 조각 당 USD240 ~ 250 정도입니다. 이 가격에서는 많은 회원들이 거의 고려하지 않을 것입니다.

3 Likes

Yeah… Thats not going to sell dude Steewis vesc6 derivate costed 80$ and sold for less than 150$ if i remember well Lower your profit margains or its not going to sell

2 Likes

I have a question. Why would you suggest that a product derived should not be of that price? Considering the component costs alone, only about $ 10 worth of parts were not used.

1 Like

I think that says all.

Your esc can only handle 10A continous but we Need about 30A or more! we will gain a Little bit of space in the enclosure to not run our Motors at their specs? seems like wasting…

The reason many people looking for VESC6 is mostly for the stability and reliability of using FOC mode.

FOCBox now is able to run FOC mode with very much success and is half of the price. I believe many members are willing to buy 2 FOXBox than 1 of your SESC.

4 Likes

For 250$ i would expect it 150A cont lol or atleast a dual 50a esc like the new focbox

1 Like

Hey, you know that you have to release schematic if you modify it? Also the real part price of vesc6 is like under 100£

2 Likes

By the way, Actual manufacturing costs are much higher than you think It’s just for the component cost.

You may be right. I admit it.

1 Like

Buy it if you want it. I’m looking forward to it, too.

1 Like

This means that the power supply in the video only outputs up to 10 amps of the motor current.

would be nice to get a video with high current and life data of the vesc, to see when it starts thermal throttling

1 Like

Yes, I am planning the test.

1 Like

Tell me where those rules are.

its the cc licence

“Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)” https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

“ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.”

2 Likes

Do you even research the stuff you cloning? Like you know it’s covered under GPL which requires to publish the changes to modified schematic

2 Likes

What are you talking about, @stewii sells whole esc with case for less than you want also its not hand soldered…

1 Like

The OP has no choice but to open source the design, that is integral to the open source GPL, it is a condition of using Vedders base design. Other wise we will have frank in here raising the roof :fire:

4 Likes

Btw the first one he soldered by hand

If you’re only becoming aware of CC ‘rules’ now perhaps they do not apply to what you’re doing…or so it would appear. Open-source is not really about what you can pirate to maximise commerical profit

But more importantly the price you’ve advertised is not going to happen, and especially not for a clone which utilises cheaper components than a true vesc6 derivative.

And as you’ve been informed, there are other vendors offering a real vesc6 clone populated PCB with same vesc6 BOM including an aluminium housing for about €150. Perhaps ebay is the place for this kind of naivety.

Who knows if future vesc tool F/W will even support something substantiually different like this.

Now sit in the corner with Flipsky, we want to have a talk with you after class

4 Likes