Setting up vesc with bldc tool, first time builder please help

The cells are 18650 Panasonic but f cells… why do you say that it is too small? Isn’t the voltage what matters?

what Panasonic cells? Voltage matters too, but in this case it´s their continuos discharge capability

Panasonic pf cells 2900 mah

Can’t afford bigger battery at this voltage

this cell is capable of 10A max, so with 12s2p 20A max. You´ll kill them pretty fast! If you can´t afford it, save a bit longer for proper cells or get lipos.

How much difference is ther between 12s2p and 12s3p for that setup? Is it really worth it??

even 12s4p will be too weak with these cells. Do yourself a favor and do a bit more research here, before you waste your money on wrong parts.

I think of the batt max as a peak setting not continuous. I set my batt max at 60 with no problem. I know someone who has run it higher. With no problem. If the Vesc gets too hot the temp protection will shut it down. I’m thinking about turning mine up more as well.

Customer support told me to set it to 70a as it is the peak for my battery

These cells are 15a discharge so I’ll have 30a continues and 70 peak. Also I’m not planning on traveling for much distance each time (something like 3-4 miles) so although I do have some hills here , the sag wouldn’t be so bad right?

I don’t have a lot of steep hills here just some streets that are in some incline (nothing really crazy…) What do you think?

Yes, I really should have mentioned that it is important to consider the limits of your battery.

do you think i should just switch to lifepo battery?

I use Lipos for max power in a small light battery

what do you think about these settings?

Hi all!!!

Really great answers to a lot of good questions. I´m planning on buying a 18650 10S3P. The cells that will be used is 3400mAh. Would you say that is to small? I will be buying my motor and VESC from diyelectricskatboard.com. (their 3674 190kv) and VESC.

Thanks again! /Andreas

isnt too small is a great size… not too big not too small. what is their discharge rate?

Hi!

I talked to the guy who’s making the battery. I misunderstood him. He said that the battery had a max discharge rate of 30A. But he was talking about each parallel pack. So for the whole pack it will be 90A whitch should be enough. The BMS is limited to 40A. Do you think that is to small? Should I have a stronger BMA?

It’ll be awesome man! I just ordered the 12s2p and it has 30/70 amps , but i don’t need much range…

Is it 30a peak or continues? It should be really great