Shipping my electric board

Hi community,

I’m currently moving from Portugal to Netherlands. And I didn’t find and don’t know how I can ship my batteries…

You guys know how I can ship? I know is illegal use a electric board in netherlands, but I want to take with me (is my baby).

I believe you just can’t fly batteries, shipping by land is fine.

In Europe most shipping services go by land anyway.

1 Like

Yes you are right, I asked UPS and the price is more expensive than the batteries.

than just get a train ticket instead of to fly. nobody mind if you take your board into the train.

5 Likes

You can also split your pack into small airtravel friendly packs and send into multiple packets no? Should be expensive tho

I think is the best solution. One of those two option

2 Likes

Have you tried contacting services like https://www.eurosender.com/?

1 Like

Check out GLS, they offer land shipping at very competitive prices. I can ship a 12s5p to the Netherlands for 15-20€

1 Like

ou save me, I just talked to them … they say for protect very well the package, and is cheap 25 euros.

They say they will not be responsible if the package is damaged. XD

1 Like

Really! very nice, I talk with them and the girl say is not possible to ship lithium batteries

1 Like

One guy here had his board snatched while en route in shipping in Asia or somewhere, I think. Also air travel companies don’t allow ‘DIY’ <100Wh battarias, but dunno how they enforce it tho

I once ordered a single 8000mAh LiPo (!) cell from Netherlands Hobbyking and it cost 17€ to Estonia - but I think it was their standard of shipping or so. Had to fill up the shopping basket early in the year to compensate<:P

More info brother. Do you have to tell them you are shipping batteries? its by far the biggest pain in the ass.

I called their greek representative today and asked specifically about liion batteries. At first they asked me how many and I replied that it would be one big battery consisting of smaller ones and gave them a capacity of 700wh.

The operator put me on hold for 1 minute and came back to me with the answer that since it is a ground shipping service it does not require any particular handling.

They did tell me something interesting though. They refuse to ship with this service to the UK since it would arrive after May 13.

2 Likes

You say this as-if it’s just unbolting a couple bolts.

That’s basically tearing down the pack and making a new pack with used cells.

3 Likes

Sorry I forgot that not everybody has solderless packs! Cause that’s basically what I can do :sweat_smile: Unplugging everything would take maybe 1 minute, 3 if I include tidying up the cells into boxes + modules + cables.

Edit : ok 10 minutes for the boxes alone cause I’m maniac and would stuff it with padding material then wrap it in tape like a Mummy.

3 Likes

I will make a wood box, the price is the same until 40kg XD. More 35kg and I will send me in a box to netherlands for 25 euros

Ahh yes IIRC the poor guy or the postal service had marked ‘electric vehicle’ or something on the shipment box which may have have triggered some tempetations on someone en route, so you’d be better marking anything else on there: old socks; used condoms; dead cat or something, definitely not ‘1500$ eboard’<:P

3 Likes

Hope they not steal my board :sob:

In case insure it at max lol so if they do shit at least you can build a new one

2 Likes