Shipping, WTF are y'all doing?

What a gang!

4 Likes

Iā€™ll give it a shot, I just wanna be able to send a $2 gadget for less than $7 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like you are getting ripped off anything around 10 lbs is around 15-20 for ground for fed ex in neighboring states.

do you have an ebay account? you can get a discount on shipping rates by going through ebay to make your labels through USPS. I recently shipped a bunch of small USB Miner devices first class in padded envelopesā€¦ (actually, Iā€™m a cheapass and I cut up an old amazon padded envelope in to 10 little other packages. it was like $2.33 cents each to ship throughout the US and it had tracking. worth a shot.

2 Likes

Cost me $60 to ship my Raptor 1 deck to Cali, just the deck no parts.

1 Like

I hadnā€™t thought if that. Good idea.

That sounds about right from my experience.

1 Like

I shipped a BT dongle 1sr class for 3 bucks today, so thatā€™s a huge improvement.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed it fluctuating alot more lately. there are no standard prices on flat rate shipping. One day it costs 35 to ship a complete and the next itā€™s $90. Just Pre-Lube

5 Likes

No shit :grinning:, USPS is rough.

1 Like

I shipped my batteries to Vegas $21, just carried my board with me on the plane.

Edit: UPS

Edit: 10s3p psychotiller built

2 Likes

UPS is worse. They make you sign up for an account. You prepay for shipping using boxes you ordered. (45 x 18 x 6) and then they bill $30 more later saying your box was 46 x 18 x 8 even though, the box is printed with the size. Iā€™ve been fighting a $340 bill from them for that shit and will never ship ups again. Straight up mafia style Scammers.

3 Likes

I cheat. I make a new gmail account, then make a stamps.com trial. When I am shipping regularly for month or so, cancel and repeat.

Shipping supplies from Walmart, your $6.70 package should be in the 3.50-4.50 range.

6 Likes

Sneaky!!! Me thinks Iā€™ll try that as well

2 Likes

A padded envolope qualifies for first class but I think it has a max weight limitā€¦ But tracking tho

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to wonder how to travel for the next Renegade. Where did you put your board on the flight?!

Iā€™ve shipped a million boxes sized 6" x 5" x 5" with USPS First Class that are under 1 lb. Costs about $3 through eBay shipping. Not sure if you need a stamps.com, ebay shipping etc outlet to get First Class package service but I guess you can also use PayPalā€™s label maker.

Yeah the after the delivery charges are dumbā€¦ Iā€™d only use UPS if you get a huge discount. Fedex is the way to go. They are usually cheaper and faster fro my experience.

Yeah, no issues with little stuff. Itā€™s the big 26-30lb shipments that are painful.

1 Like

Carry on. I put it up in the overhead compartment. People just put their bags on top on the upside-down board. But on the way their the flight attendant closed the compartment where my board was, she was like, I donā€™t wanna put anything on top of that, it looks expensive. Lol. People at the security was like, is that motorized, is that electric?

1 Like