Shorted motor windings repair

some1 knows where i can buy this stuff in europe, without paying more shipping than paying for the actual product? or similar ones.

2 Likes

Ahem the Boosted.:. :wink:

1 Like

Thats just the bmsā€¦ What should I say if they sent me faulty parts :point_up: :joy:

2 Likes

Great thread guys!! Praise SCIENCE (and satan)! I was lucky when I first started this hobby/passion (lol @b264 ) that I read something about long mounting screws, almost made this mistake myself. @Andy87 , please keep us posted on the repair process!

3 Likes

Hi Pad. I was aware of the fact that too long screws can cause a short. Thatā€™s why I placed them on the mount and holt the motor close before I mounted them. Everything seemed to fit, plus the fact that the set of screws came with the motor mounts made me more confident that everything work outā€¦as I have seen I didnā€™tā€¦ After I shorted the motors I took of the motor bell and mounted the stator again. The screws are just 1 max 1,5mm too long. Never thought that that already can cause the damage as the phase wires shouldnā€™t lay so close to the stator caseā€¦

For now the solution of @rey8801 sounds good. Just not sure if itā€™s that easy as it looks in his pictures. I wrote to @ALIENPOWERSYSTEM1 in hope they can give me some information how best to fix this problem. Will report back if I get an answer.

3 Likes

Good tool to have on hand.

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/lc-meter

3 Likes

thx for the link. will probably look if i can get one localy.

didnĀ“t looked into it yet. maybe you can give me a quick info how the LC meter works?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lc+meter+bldc+motor

Posting the search, as there are some other interesting videos.

1 Like

Thx! Already first one was pretty interesting :ok_hand:

Super cool cheap tool. It wonā€™t reveal the info u need with the bell on. Must be off. If the phases show within a couple milihenries (I guess) should be fine. Go with the setting where it says ā€œover Lā€ on the screen or something similar and then just connect/test the three phases by switching out the connections to the phase wires. Maybe all in the video didnā€™t watch. Iā€™m hoping ur forced to rewind and you do that and post up how it it goes!! Good luck. :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

First video was how to test without lc meter. Thx for the info non the less! Itā€™s really cheap and helpful device!

Hi! I didnā€™t want to open a other thread just for this pebble and it fits owmerfectly the topic :sweat_smile: I hope @Andy87 you are fine with me asking in your thread too :grin: Anyhow I was taking measurements and bla bla bla and of course I manage to cut one of the copper wire of the motor. I know I am an idiot. A single one luckily, but not sure what to do about. Should I forget it about since wonā€™t change thst much? Should I try to solder it back since it is at the edge and then put epoxy on top to isolated? IMG_20181102_074334

2 Likes