Hey guys, wanted to throw a thought your way and see what people would advise.
I managed to grab a set of genuine flywheels, 90mm 78a, but quickly grew envious of the 97mm 75a sets they had for sale, albeit at about £30 more.
These came today, from France, and I spoke to the great guys at Ride More (they’re associated with Evolve.fr as far as I can tell) and they’ve allowed me to send back the 90mm and they’ll ship the 97s.
Clear pro here is that I’ll grab a set of 97 75a but the downsides are:
- By Friday I’ll have all of my parts and can start building, so I’ll have to wait for the shipping going both ways.
- Expense, this silly mistake will cost me shipping to France. They haven’t mentioned if they’ll charge me for the upgrade and shipping it to me but I assume they will so this will all add up.
The alternative I was thinking was to just use the 90s and then see if 97mm 75a will be available when I need to change wheels down the line (though I hear they won’t be making 75a anymore).
Would love some logical and emotional insight into this since (from my perspective and logic at least) I think I should hold onto the 90s.
As always, thank you guys!