Shoulda worn a full face

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Ive been a part of this community for about 4 months and I make sure to check in and read at least twice a day. I consider many of you friends although we have never met and especially the ones I have met. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!. I Just ended up taking meds and passing out. My head was always ok, it was my face that got effed in the A. Teeth almosst went through my lips. Ive had several concussions and this didnt feel like one. Ill see how I do at and after work. Gotta save up for that full face because there is no way im leaving Eskateā€¦ ever!

6 Likes

And so few bears

2 Likes

Shit man, get well soon dude, hope you live in a area where there is a lot of security cams as it would be nice to get a mugshot of the muggy little runaway stick tosserā€¦

kinda extra glad i ordered a full face helmet last night now, after not even thinking about such possibilities as dangerous idiots :rage:

Feel better bro! I hope karma will hit the shit out of this guy.

1 Like

@Bobby Glad youā€™re doing ok. The Ruroc Onyx is $183 shipped and has a GoPro mount on the visor. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the best helmet option for you, but itā€™s a special deal for us right now. And riding with a GoPro might not be a bad idea.

1 Like

Hope you feel better soon mate!

Get well soon :muscle:t4:.

Not cool man, heal quick You could jump on the ruroc band wagon if youā€™re looking for a new lid

2 Likes

Hope you feel better real soon!

What speeds were you going if I may ask?

I was goin aroud 23mphā€¦ i want the ruroc or any full face but im currently buying an engagement ring so money is tight

1 Like

Priorities donā€™t seem to be in the right place to me :wink: only kidding man, good luck

Iā€™m actually guilty of this. Almost every time I finish a new build I go top speed esting which is dumb as hell. I SHOULD be getting used to the feel of the deck and the handling nuances.

As a general rule plan for the fall not the ride.

The ride gets a lot better when your skill level and confidence match your runs :metal:

6 Likes

@Deckoz I never though of it like thatā€¦ I like going fast and have wiped at 25+mph and the worst was when a car hit me from the side and sent me flyingā€¦ but besides tht I have always put my hands and knees down or tucked for a roll. Also guys, as soon as u fall, ditch the remote for the board itā€™s safer if u throw it than if u hold on to it and it breaks and cuts u or u scrape ur knuckles to hell

3 Likes

Honestly im not offended but i will disagree. I have fallen many times before and roll out no issues. Several factors were at playā€¦ it was night out, my light was broken amd in my hand, i was in a tuck and my biggest mistake was that inwas over confident. Ive ridden that path so many times, i got cocky and paid the consequencesā€¦ ive eaten shit going a lot faster and had minimal damage but yeaā€¦ i wasnt being as observant and paid the price

2 Likes

It sucks to get hurt, but I find getting hurt and knowing WHY you got hurt is the fastest and most permanent method to learn.

Iā€™ve done the same, I ride the same neighborhood every week with my brother. I found myself barely paying attention and hit some sand and turned into a bearded esk8 tornado and wiped out spectaculary :grin:.

Now I watch for sand subconsciously all the time, lesson learned.

3 Likes

Again no worries. Its all coming from a positive place. Just saying i dont think it was not being skilled enough, just someone who got careless and became to cocky with his routešŸ˜–

1 Like

Ah dude hope you get well soon! Take all the repercussions and do what your Doctor says.

Iā€™m sure the Mentally unhealthy person is feeling really bad now, Hope he owns up to it somehow.

For years. Skated short board in highschool and longboard most of college and actually up unti i started eskate in april. Skated 3 miles every day February and march on a long board and even bombed hills every day on the ride to and from work

And by no means am I a pro. I recently had dual 6374ā€™s and after blowing a focbox, i made it a single. I enjoy this much more and dont think i need the crazy acceleration the dual provides.

Damn man! Sorry to hear about your crash.

How fast were you going? Did the wheels just locked up? No time to put your hands in front?