Show me your top mount battery

Hmm I’ll look into it. This is what I was going off of. If you really advise to add it I’ll heed any good warning. Screenshot_20181226-163527_Chrome

Sooo loopkey to be safe? Got a bag of Xt90s in my stocking.

1 Like

Pelican 1200 case holding 3 4S LiPos wired in series. There’s a lot of room left to possibly add 3 more LiPos in parallel. Case is attached to board with Velcro. 3D printer xt90s loopkey holder in top of box. I also have a step down converter mounted to underside of the lid and toggle switch top mounted for the 12v LED fog light. The pelican case length and width takes up all of the space between my feet. I wear a US 12.5 as reference.

My FOCBoxes, remote receiver, and Bluetooth module are all in the Trampa Beast Box at rear of board. I hadn’t planned to set it up that way, but got a good deal on the Beast Box that I couldn’t pass up. Now that it’s setup I like having the additional room to expand my battery capacity if needed.

image image

5 Likes

I got a small enclosure from Jaycar in Sydney that holds 4x 6s1p batteries which equates to a 12s2p pack

My esc’s, anti spark switch and reciever sit in a small pelican case at the rear of the board next to the motors

IMG_20181225_065818

IMG_20181129_170658

6 Likes

Lithium pack users, who made your battery? Mostly everyone is just making flat packs now.

Lol everyone uses lithium packs here haha. I guess you mean ion? I would get in touch with ebike battery builders

1 Like

Shame on me. Good call out

Cardboard rulez! :smiley:

DSC01503

BTW, that’s an old pic. I have a proper CANBUS cable now. :smile:

DSC01504

DSC01693

10 Likes

What is box in the bottom picture?

2015 :blush: DIY shop, less than 2€

2017 UK Drybox

2018 :smile: custom madness

2019 ?..

But most of the time it’s like this ^^

Some others :

12 Likes

The box is the same as on the pictures above. The lid is made of cardboard and carbon foil.

2 Likes

Really? I bought them for £35/wheel and now they’re £40 per wheel.

1 Like

@hyperIon1 will make you a brick style pack if youd like

apparently they handle the abuse of vibrations and what not better in that configuration :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@venom121212 More pics from the inside. image image image image

4 Likes

Jesus! That must be a crazy range, sick :sunglasses:!

2 Likes

@rich what do you consider “crazy” range?

Yeah I really want to support @hyperIon1. They seem like good people and are always super responsive. @Trdolan03 give me a run down of those 4 buttons. Power, lights, underglow, charger maybe?

@venom121212 headlight, taillights, main power, underglow, USB port on/off

Hats off to you man. How did you mount to the deck? I’m debating on rubber gaskets + velcro or threaded insert. Do you have a build thread made yet?