Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

Very cool project @solidgeek !

Is there any code for receiver and remote?

@Maxid I am currently making a few improvements on the 3D-model (testing it out tonight), I will release the files on thingiverse tomorrow :wink: Looking forward to hear your opinion on the printed version!

@MontPierre Yeah for sure, however it is still some very basic Arduino code, with only a few hours of work. Anyways I will release the prototype code tomorrow as well :slight_smile: Maybe you guys can help me improve it :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah would like to see the code as well, have a couple of things I ran into that I can probably add as a PR to your code for some fail-safes if you don’t have them in there already.

1 Like

Cool thanks @solidgeek

Btw. Where are you from :smiley: ?

Woohoo I’m so printing this out when you post it so that I can see/feel the formfactor.

@wafflejock Looking forward to your PR :smiley:

@Silverline No problem, I am from Denmark!

@markyoe Looking forward to see the result :wink:

Hey guys, I didn’t have much time to work on the remote today, however all parts seems to fit so I can’t see no reason not to release the STL-files :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hear your opinions :smile:

11 Likes

I’m up to no good :laughing:

6 Likes

@solidgeek awesome design of the remote, i notice you missing a module in the shopping list? the dead man switch/trigger. which module are you using?

Thanks! Yeah I see I forget the trigger button :slight_smile: Its called a 12mm tactile switch: http://www.ebay.com/itm/20PCS-TC-1212T-12x12x7-3-mm-Tact-Tactile-Push-Button-Momentary-PCB-Switch-/281438642731?epid=1546197021&hash=item41870ce22b:g:DfEAAOSwVFlUFCr4

I will add it to the parts list - thanks!

How does it feel in hand @JLabs ?

Going to order all the parts. Waiting for the programme guide. Haha.

Same, this is a much better compact design versus a original GT2B. Can’t wait.

1 Like

I am almost finished with the newest version of the remote, including the software! I will post a link to github later today with the source code :smile:

For now you will have to make due with a video and a image of the wiring :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Pure awesomeness !! What kind of information would we we able to display ??

Im digging the remote. Can’t wait, also, is the code available? I had a semester for java coding on arduinos, maybe I can help out.

o no, this abit hard for me, i no idea about the writing code. any simple way to do that?

It will be very easy, You will have to connect arduino to your computer via USB, open up Arduino app ( free), copy and paste code into it and click upload. More or or less this is it. There are plenty videos on youtube on how to upload code to arduino, Dead easy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@solidgeek Love it! I eager to order the parts!

• The power module: This one from Adafruit is a bit cheaper: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1944 Could it work and does it fit?
  • One features suggestion - adding a hole or something to the enclosure to add connect a leash.
  • Would this work with the new VESC 6 that has NRF built in?

Feals great! I want to make it work now! :+1: