Single 6374 @10s ... hard to ride?

Would a single wheel driven by a single 6374 class motor running 10S present a controllability issue for a full sized adult? Or am I just worrying about nothing? Considering such a build.

Anyone else done this? How is it to ride? Not looking for scorching performance.

-Peter

1 Like

solid, do you need top speed? then go 12S oe gear up.

if you have never ridden a diy board then single 6374 will knock both socks and possibly your first born’s socks off also.

4 Likes

This is an pretty old video now, but i think it answers your question rather well.

3 Likes

@b264 is one wheel wonder master

2 Likes

Young jason before the stress of life.

2 Likes

the good old days… esk8 before the keyboard warrior, trolls & haters arrived…

6 Likes

Well. Maybe there’s hope. I’ve been treated pretty well so far for a new bloke.

2 Likes

Just keep your head down and do what your told and you will be fine :rofl:

1 Like

Absolutely not

Yes

Do it!

I build mostly 10S single drives, and have built IDK maybe 12 of them so far

1 Like

I prefer the drive wheel on the rear heelside.

1 Like

True! This is probably the most important part of building monodrive

3 Likes

This is great info, guys. My next build will be a rear heel side mono drive. And I won’t worry about handling issues with mono drive. :+1:

I would think, that the wider the truck, the worse the handling with single motor.

When you give it throttle, it will shift.

1 Like

Wider trucks do handle worse, but I don’t think it’s got much to do with single drive.

2 Likes

I agree with Brian, you should naturally balance out the force of the motor to go straight, it is mainly when you try hard turns left and right when under power you might feel it is harder to turn into the side where you have the motor.

3 Likes

This was my experience as well. When I started in eboards, I had a single 90mm hub motor, so not much power. But even with little power, I learned not to make hard turns under power or heavy braking. It’s just the way I taught myself. That was before I knew this place even existed.

BTW, I am the OP in this thread, and I started it to ask if something much more powerful like a single wheel 6374 would be a problem. Based on the responses, I’m not worried, and will proceed with my build.

-Peter

Running a single 6380 at 160A doesn’t even cause issues for me.

1 Like

Cause your the best thing that ever happened to onewheel wonders since a dana 44.

1 Like