Single cell lipo diy

So noob question, I’ve tried searching here in the forum and elsewhere etc etc… why aren’t these assembled and used to make battery packs …

I expect to find out this is a stupid question but I have to ask

It may be a cheaper route but it also carries more risk versus using a pre-made pack. 1 misplaced item will cause the lipo to go :fire:.

If you want to make a warranty claim, no such thing, they would say it was your fault for putting it together, forbid something bad happens.

Also it does come out cheaper by $1.60 cents +/- few cents. But it also comes with a dangerous risk. I compared to: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-2s-40c-lipo-pack.html.

But I say this is a pretty good question, have seen it come up before. IMHO I would say to just buy a premade pack, if price seems a little steep, go look for different brand batteries or wait for holidays. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Simply because they are hard to solder and when something goes wrong it can go horribly wrong. You don’t want to mess with Lipos.

Its cheaper to buy an assembled pack and pull it apart than it is to buy individual cells and solder them together.

1 Like